Chapter 73: Aftermath (4)

"It's just fun."

Queen Arwen of Alvenheim looked at the tenth volume of Xenon's Biography that she held tightly with both hands. Her lips protruded like a pouting little girl, clearly expressing her frustration.

If the Council had seen her in this state, they would have tried to restrain her as a queen should maintain her dignity, but now no one was around. There is no risk of eavesdropping as it is an audience room.

"The elves should be noble, they say. They don't like it when the books make elves responsible for pride. They complain that the romance between elves and humans is ridiculous. What kind of nonsense is this, even for children?"

Arwen had just sharply criticized the council that had been pressuring her until now, knowing that no one was around to see her.

This moment, when no one was at work, was like a drought-breaking rain for Arwen. It was suitable for her to speak up about what had been bottled up inside her.

Externally, Arwen was praised as a kind and affectionate queen, but she had a very girlish heart like this. She only concealed this aspect of herself because the council told her to maintain her dignity as a queen, but she was only 150 years old.

If it were human, it would be considered quite old, but that's only based on human standards. Even by elven standards, it is sufficient to be a member of society, but she still belongs to the younger side. And Arwen ascended to the throne at the young age of 50 and has ruled over Alvenheim ever since.

For the Elves, in their 50s, all education is completed and it serves as a stepping stone to enter society, but being a queen is not an easy position. However, seeing how she has ruled over Alvenheim without succumbing to the pressure of the Council of Elders for over 100 years, we can see how exceptional her political skills are.

'Xenon probably went on a break because of people like the Council of Elders. Humans say there are places worse than the Council, it must be really tough.'

Arwen looked at Xenon's Biography, which she held in her hands, with sympathetic eyes and murmured to herself. She too is one of the many fans of Xenon's Biography. She knows very well how much influence Xenon's Biography has on the world and is aware that it can be easily used politically.

Perhaps even she herself, the queen of Alvenheim, may exercise less influence. Even an Elf chosen by the gods can become helpless against the enormous power of 'culture'. That's why it was even more regrettable.

Even though he had hidden her status, he was still mentally struggling, so the author must be under a lot of pressure.

'Still, we should just write down what will happen to the teacher and the queen. This bad author.'

But that's that and this is this. Arwen was curious about what would happen to the relationship between the teacher and the Elf queen in the story.

Even though the Elf queen in the story is a fictional character far removed from herself, she somehow became deeply immersed. Especially, the Elf queen in the story is struggling on a level that is not less than hers, if not more.

The Elder Council is facing severe pressure, and there are occasional descriptions of the looming danger in Alvenheim as devils appear throughout the world. Due to these reasons, it was almost acceptable to have no privacy.

In such a situation, the only person who could provide emotional comfort to the Elf Queen was her teacher, so their relationship could only become more poignant.

'Xenon is truly amazing. How is he able to penetrate the details of Elf mythology so deeply? Elf-related myths and history are not well known to humans. Was he a scholar educated in Alvenheim?'