Chapter 30: Gathering (5)

Wearing a suit makes you look many times better. I rarely wore a suit in my past life, but I definitely looked classier when I did. But what if you have a handsome face and a good body, and your clothes and shoes fit perfectly?

You overflow with confidence to the point that you feel like you can do anything beyond normal satisfaction. I remembered a handsome actor from my past life who embodied the same air of smug confidence. As I said, the importance of appearance goes without saying.

"Good." I stood in front of a full-length mirror, looking at myself in a suit, or formal dress in the local parlance. The mirror reflected an image of a handsome young man with bright red hair, who was smiling while adjusting his bright-red formal dress.

The formal-dress suit was plain, with no ornamental decorations, filigree, or patterns used by other nobles to flaunt their wealth and fame. Other nobles may mock it as plain, but the cost of such attire is prohibitively expensive for the majority of people. It's similar to the suit I wore in my previous life, so I'm satisfied with myself.

Not only that, but I'm also wearing a white scarf around my neck. The scarf was embroidered in pure gold with a falcon design, symbolizing the Minervan Empire. It's a simple style that fully expresses one's individuality. Even without it, my striking red hair and matching outfit would draw attention.

'The style... I'll keep it like this. There's nothing to touch.' It's not like I know how to apply makeup, and it would look strange if I did, so I'd rather not touch anything in the first place. I'm already attractive with just this much and there's nothing else to add.

Instead, I recently visited a beauty salon to have my hair neatly managed. When I arrived at the salon, it was packed with students preparing for today's Freshman Gathering, and among them were familiar faces.

Rina, Cecily, and finally Marie. Unlike the other customers, these three had a group of four or five employees clinging to them as if undergoing surgery. 'The Princess, the Duke's Daughter, and the Demon Princess. They must be busy.'

I finished it quickly because I only had to have the salon staff style my hair neatly. Originally, the staff was focused on only three people, but Rina, who noticed my presence, was considerate and let them take care of me first. Even so, just a little haircut was enough, so one person sufficed. Before leaving the hair salon, I was looking forward to what they would look like afterward.

'Because the gathering officially starts at 5:30...' I took my eyes off the mirror and checked the time. The current time is exactly 5 o'clock. It was time for me to depart for the auditorium. The distance between the dorm and the auditorium was less than ten minutes, so I could walk there slowly.

Then, after putting on the shoes required for formal attire, I walked outside and toward the main auditorium. The sun was setting and it was getting dark outside.

'I'm a little nervous.' There was a freshman welcome party in my past life, but now it's a similar yet different gathering for freshmen. I'm not sure who will happily laugh and talk without struggling, but some people, they will have to work hard to build a network.

Fortunately, I am closer to the former, but the world does not always revolve as you wish. Furthermore, Jackson is the most important uncertain variable. I'm not sure what he'll do to get me in trouble, but it's better to be prepared. 'Rina and Marie will be there, so he won't be able to openly insult me...'

I took a look around on my way to the auditorium. It's only natural that there are a lot of passers-by since it's the weekend, but today people in stylish suits or pretty dresses caught my eye everywhere.

Like the others said, the gathering will be attended by both academics students and non-academics students (ie. the martial arts students). Seniors or assistants representing various majors may also attend, so the number of people must be quite large.