Chapter 179: Trap (3)

I'll say it again, I currently have the authority to make immediate decisions regarding these elves. Not only is it specified in the law, but there's also no one here who would say anything about killing thieves.

However, just as you need to use bait to catch a fish, I must use these elves well in order to destroy the Council. Nevertheless, the Council isn't completely foolish and meticulously planning our moves wasn't a choice but a necessity.

First and foremost, the 'pact.' The pact was difficult to use because it requires the consent of the other party, but in a situation where their lives are at stake, it can be useful. Of course, the owner could die or take advantage of the flaws in the pact to escape, but it didn't matter since Cecily will handle it.

The problem lies with the elves. I'll say it again, in order to establish a pact, you need the consent of the other party. Arwen accepted it willingly as a token of her sincerity, but whether these elves will accept it is doubtful. As everyone knows, elves, especially the older ones, have a terribly strong pride. Many tales circulate about them needlessly provoking fights and ending up dead or humiliated, leading to a mental breakdown. Considering such a race, how would they react to a pact that is akin to a slave contract?

"We refuse! Are you telling us to become slaves of demons?"

"Such disgrace... It might be better to die."

Naturally, the moment I mentioned the pact, they loudly refused with defiant voices. They know well what kind of magic the pact involves, and they are adamantly rejecting it.

Above all, the subject of the pact is not me but Cecily. Given that she's a demon, the older elves would start with disgust with no room for pride to allow it.

However, I didn't fail to predict this either. As I watched the defiant elves with irritation, I turned to their father who stood behind them and asked,

"Father, do you have a sharp knife?"

"Are you planning to cut their ears?"

"What else can I do? They don't listen. I have to cut them."

"Wh, what! Not the ears...!"

"We were wrong!"

When I used their strong pride against them and threatened to cut their ears, the elves flattened themselves on the ground. Why are you making such a fuss?

As a result, the elves entered into a pact led by Cecily. Since they couldn't use mana, we proceeded by unbinding them one by one, just in case.

Every time they made a pact, the embarrassed expressions on the elves' faces were quite amusing. Of course, they got upset, so whenever that happened, I pointed to my ear with my fingers.

If necessary, I would threaten to cut their ears, and they would contemplate and relax their expressions. Honestly, I had no intention of actually cutting their ears, but given the situation, they had no choice but to believe it was true.

So, having made the pact, I faced Kalas for the experiment. Kalas had a cold expression, as if he had never experienced such humiliation before.

"Now. Shall we ask a few questions for the experiment? Tell me where Xenon lives."

"That's..."

Perhaps Kalas also knew the effectiveness of the pact, as he couldn't continue his answer and hesitated. Arwen couldn't participate in such an experiment due to lack of ill feelings between us, but Kalas could.

I stared fixedly at Kalas, whose lips were quivering, and quietly spoke as I exhaled deeply through my nose.

"If you don't talk, you know what will happen, right?"