Chapter 11: Cecily (2)

The demon people.

A race with horns, red eyes, and black mana – the descendants and symbols of the Devil.

3000 years ago, when the Devil brought the whole world to ruin, he indiscriminately committed evil deeds without distinction of the race to satisfy his desires.

Not only did he commit murder and rape, but also human experiments and various other horrific acts which appalled people around the world.

Accepting the devil's seed and becoming pregnant, or transforming into a mutant through the mana received through human experiments – through this terrible process, 'Demons' were born, and uniquely, only humans were transformed into Demons.

Numerous opinions have come and gone about why it only affected humans, not elves, dwarves, or beasts, but the most potent hypothesis was the singularity of 'human'.

Humans have a shorter lifespan compared to other races, and inherently poor physical abilities, but instead, they have tremendous 'learning power', which is said to have worked in a wrong way. In addition, human beings could accept the devil's seeds more deeply because they were so distinct in terms of 'Light' and 'Darkness' than other species.

[Beings that will one day turn into devils.]

[Pretends to be human, but the blood of the devil flows.]

[They must be eliminated.]

However, other races, including humans, did not recognize demons as victims, or 'humans', but decided that they were 'devils'. In fact, it was simple to ostracize them because they would become demons if they get angry enough to control their reason or fail to control their desires.

Even the holy church 'Savior' caused an unprecedented incident of indiscriminate slaughter of demons under the pretext of slaughtering all devil's seeds. From the Savior's point of view, the Devil tried to bring down God because he could not deny Him so he joined forces without dividing the hardliners and moderates.

After this maddening incident, the demons were divided into two factions.

One were those who truly became 'devils' and wanted revenge on the world, and the others were those who pursued self-control and lived as 'humans'. However, the forces that became devils were soon eradicated and disappeared from the world.

Then the remaining forces, the demons who want to become human in pursuit of 'self-control', What happened to them?

While other great powers, including Savior, were at war with each other due to differences in ideology, demons seeking self-control took advantage of the opportunity to establish Helium. Naturally, most of the countries did not recognize Helium, but they were compelling, honing their strength in pursuit of self-control.

No matter how strong they are, the moment they invade, they will be attacked by other countries, so it is impossible to move around. Eventually, it was said that they should take advantage of the opportunity to organize it.

It was funny that 1000 years had passed since then.

However, within that time, discrimination against demons never disappeared. Humans weren't the only race that hated them.

At this rate, it seemed that the wishes of the demons would never come true.

Until a book appeared in the world.

*******

Born as a princess of Helium and the daughter of a demon king, I suddenly thought of this.

Why are we demons being discriminated against by other races? Why do we, seemingly no different from humans, have to live with such harsh treatment?