Chapter 178: Trap (2)

Even a person with exceptional abilities will meet their doom if they become complacent. This holds especially true during critical moments. This common sense applies even to elves. Especially among the older generations of elves, there was a strong tendency to underestimate other races.

However, it was merely a narrow-minded way of thinking, akin to a frog in a well. Among humans, there are monsters with skills comparable to elf warriors, and there are even demons with abilities comparable to elves.

To carry out important missions, considering each and every variable was not a choice but a necessity. Of course, no one could have imagined there being a human warrior of equal caliber and demons of higher status among those variables.

"Are these three all of them?"

"Yes. The publisher also confirmed three, and the dark elf lady said it's these three."

"Is mother alright?"

"She woke up in the middle, but she's probably asleep again."

After hearing my father's words, I looked ahead. In front of the desk, three elves, two males and one female, were kneeling with their hands tied with ropes. They were still unconscious and had their heads lowered, but when I saw them earlier, they possessed the beauty typical of elves. It was fascinating to see that their hair colors were different.

However, these individuals were villains who not only intruded into our mansion but also planned to kidnap me as soon as they realized I was Xenon. Considering the laws of the Minerva Empire and the current era, executing them immediately would pose no problems.

"But Isaac, did you really have to reveal yourself as Xenon?"

Cecily, who easily subdued two of the three elf intruders, asked me with doubt. She was the one who figured out their real-time kidnapping plan by eavesdropping telepathically.

I looked at the elves in front of me and replied.

"It wouldn't have taken long for them to realize that I am Xenon anyway. I might have let my guard down, but I'm not that foolish. Just the fact that I set a trap should have given them some idea of what to expect."

"But it's still too risky... What if these people leak the fact that you are Xenon?"

"Then, I'll have to detonate the 'ear bomb' for real. If not, there's also the 'pact'."

"Ah."

When the magic used to establish a master-servant relationship, the 'pact,' was mentioned, Cecily showed a nod of understanding. As everyone knows, a pact was made between Arwen and Cecily at the time of Rain's punishment.

The pact imposes a significant penalty on the 'servant' if they don't act as written in the contract, and the 'master' also becomes aware of it. Thus, concealing anything is absolutely impossible.

In the past, slavery existed and was frequently used in human society, but it disappeared over time. There have been cases where slaves collectively committed suicide, stating that they couldn't live like that, and events where they rose up in rebellion.

The pact is powerful enough to prevent unnecessary actions.

"We'll have to make good use of it so that they can't exploit any weaknesses. For example, they should never reveal Xenon's true identity. What happens if the pact is broken?"

"Initially, it causes intense pain in the heart, and if you try to force it, it stops beating. If you receive emergency treatment, you can be saved, but they would never consider revealing it."

"So, transmitting information through writing or code instead of speaking?"

"Don't worry. Anything related to your identity cannot be done without violating the pact."