Chapter 15: Picture (1)

I had an unexpected meeting with Leort, but that alone did not hinder my writing Rather, I received momentum and continued the story.

'Here's the Earl of Castlerock shouting. He says that a nation is the people.'

There was one famous movie in my past life – the story of a lawyer who desperately protests for the victims of the military regime.

In particular, I can vividly remember seeing the famous scene. It was so immersive that I wondered if it was really acting.

'As Leort said, I'll get a little bit of hate, but...'

A conflict between Xenon, a commoner, and aristocrats, was unavoidable. Because the factions that originally held vested interests were extremely wary of someone taking their place. A story that could actually happen.

It doesn't matter though. As the saying goes about carrots and sticks, it will be okay if I show the good side of aristocrats too.

Even more so, if it is a fair criticism, it will be tolerated to some extent. After listening to Leort's words, I looked for books in the library and there were indeed satires directed at the nobility. Although it was a shame that there was no direct critique.

"As for the exterior of the steam locomotive... let's just draw a picture. I can draw it in my notebook for practice.'

The episodes of Xenon's conflict with the nobles were from the beginning to the middle of Book 8. After that, he goes to the land of the dwarves to rest and get newspapers, and there he meets a geeky dwarf who wants to invent a 'steam locomotive'.

Xenon helps the geek dwarf invent something that everyone thought was impossible, and after a lot of misjudgment and trial and error, he finally invents a steam locomotive.

The story of Volume 8 ends by suggesting a new path called 'mechanical engineering' rather than 'magic'.

'Isn't this a supply wagon?"

There was no need to explain the importance of supply in all wars, whether on Earth or in a fantasy world. Even in a fantasy world, the army needs to eat well in order to advance.

You might wonder if you can replace the steam locomotive using magic like teleport or warp without inventing it, but it was impossible. This is due to the fact that the distribution method of teleport or warp was extremely inefficient and dangerous magic.

It was fine to use it for oneself, but problems arise when you move something other than yourself. It takes a massive amount of mana to complete, and if it fails, it will disintegrate like a grain of sand. It is only used in situations that are important enough to warrant such a risk, and aside from that, mostly wagons are used.

'Except for demons of course. If you look closely, they are a fraudulent race.'

One of the reasons why Helium, the country of the demons, became a great power that even the Minerva Empire could not touch was because of its ridiculous transportation capabilities. When other countries use wagons to supply supplies, the demons use magic to ignore distances.

This is all thanks to the ability to use magic like breathing. To them, magic is more like a 'power' that makes everything happen if you imagine it.

Even though I've never seen magic before, it sounds awesome.

'It's magic...'

I placed the completed manuscript on the desk's edge and checked my watch. It was 10:30. It is better to sleep now, for tomorrow's sake.

After a quick wash, I threw myself on the bed. The fluffy sensation was transmitted down my back.

'Tomorrow there is only humanities, magic, and... anthropology.'

How To Live As A Writer In A Fantasy World[part1]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara