Chapter 57: Confession (4)

"I just like you, that's all."

Marie said, slowly leaning back and quietly taking a seat as she spoke. Then, she smiled as if nothing had happened. It was a smile so beautiful that words couldn't do it justice.

Meanwhile, I blinked for about five seconds, still unsure of what was happening, and then found myself unconsciously touching my lips. If Marie's bold action earlier had been my imagination, then the sensation I felt on my lips now would be false.

However, this feeling was not a figment of my imagination. The soft, fleeting sensation on my lips lingered vividly in my mind.

'So... did Marie just... kiss me?'

Not a deep kiss, but a simple peck also known as a bird kiss?

I couldn't say a word in the face of a reality that was hard to believe. Then, Marie looked at my face and opened her mouth with a slightly embarrassed tone.

"How was it?"

"... ..."

"Whatever you say, this is my answer."

Oh, seeing her say those words, it's not a delusion.

We really had a light kiss.

Marie really likes me.

...Oh my God.

Flare-

After three rational judgments, a soundless scream burst out. At the same time, my face started to burn in less than a second.

I couldn't bring myself to meet Marie's eyes, so I hung my head low. Thanks to that... well, my mind was so tangled up that I couldn't think straight.

'Really? For real? Is this a true story?'

Only those thoughts were swirling in my head. I couldn't think of anything else.

No matter how much I tried to deny it, the fact that Marie had given me a peck was undeniable. A kiss is an act that goes beyond just being friends of the opposite sex and is something that lovers would do.

We haven't even officially started dating yet, so I was too embarrassed to handle her being so bold. I had a girlfriend in my past life, but I always took the lead, and there was never a case where the girl took the initiative.

'I'm getting dizzy...'

Is it because of the heat that's risen up to my head? Even though I haven't been drinking, my head feels slightly dizzy.

I've seen people feel dizzy because of high blood pressure, and this feels exactly like that. The difference is that they have a chronic illness, while mine is temporary.

"Whoa. Whoa. Whoa."

I tried to take deep breaths to calm down the fiery heat that had risen up like a flame. Every time I exhaled, it felt like the heat that had risen to my face was leaving my body.

For some reason, it was much more intense than when I touched Cecily's chest. Maybe it's because I have some rational affection for Marie. Moreover, the emotion I was feeling now was closer to a pure "heart" rather than a lascivious "desire."

"Phew..."

By taking one last long breath, I was able to barely steady my pounding heart. Of course, the heat wasn't completely gone, but my cognitive processes had returned to normal.

I then slowly lifted my head and looked at Marie, who was sitting across from me. She seemed to be busy wriggling around, perhaps trying to figure out what she had done wrong.