Chapter 59: Love (1)

Time, which seemed eternal, eventually comes to an end. This is a truth that even the gods cannot change, an immutable law.

Our warm and affectionate moments together, Marie and I, were also destined to come to an end.

Though our hearts wanted nothing more than to embrace each other for hours on end, we parted ways with the hope of seeing each other again tomorrow.

Even as we said our goodbyes, we didn't forget to exchange a light kiss, filled with a mutual sense of regret. It was surprising that Marie was the one to initiate the kiss, not me. I simply responded in kind.

Thus, our tooth-achingly sweet time together came to an end, but the lingering taste remained on my tongue the next day.

"Hehehe."

"What if someone sees us like this?"

"Let them see. We don't need to hide anyway."

It was like secretly holding hands during a lecture, with no one else in the room knowing.

"Let's go over there today! The tiramisu there is so delicious!"

"What else is there?"

"There are many other things. For starters, there is..."

After class, we would stick together and wander around the academy.

"Ouch."

"Ah! Why did you bite me?"

"Just because I wanted to. Sometimes I think I understand why some people nibble on their partner's face."

She would suddenly bite my cheek and so on.

The progress of our relationship was surprisingly fast, to the point where I couldn't have imagined it in the early stages of dating. We had already gone beyond holding hands to kissing from the very beginning, so I expected this much.

Of course, I would prefer to avoid being bitten on the cheek like that. It might seem like a joke, but it really hurt from the receiving end.

"Then I'll bite your neck. Ahh!"

"Eek!"

However, every day was enjoyable. Even when I was writing my manuscript in the dormitory, I would think of Marie's bright smile, and I would think of her even while walking on the street or eating a meal.

Although I had been in love in my past life, this feeling gave me vitality. Perhaps because of that, my writing speed became amazingly fast.

Even though we were sometimes stared at by people around us, I didn't really care.

Marie's stance was that it didn't matter if anyone found out about our relationship, and I was also able to maintain a confident attitude because I had nothing to be ashamed of.

From the outside, it may seem unlikely for the daughter of a duke and the son of a baron to be in a relationship, but if you delve into the details, it's a complete 180. If anyone were to look at us with that kind of gaze, we would both inwardly sneer.

"...Hello?"

"... ..."

"Yes, hello?"

I hastily regained my senses at someone's call. I had briefly lost myself in thought about Marie.

As I looked ahead, an elf named Cindy with dark circles under her eyes and a pair of sunken eyes was staring at me, her voice quavering in its characteristic way.

"You seem to be spacing out again... what are you thinking about?"

"Oh... I just have a lot on my mind right now."