Chapter 82: Relax (1)

The journey back home was very smooth and quiet, without any disturbance. The carriage that Dimitry had called for, at an expensive price, had functions that were incredibly comfortable. The food that was handed to him on the way was also delicious.

The dish, prepared by the chef at the Requilis mansion, was a kind of kebab with vegetables, but the texture of the meat was so exquisite that he didn't get tired of eating it. Thanks to the three or so packages of food that were given to him for the trip, he wasn't hungry.

Kebabs are usually not suitable for eating in a shaking carriage, but the interior of the carriage had shock-absorbing magic, so there was no big problem with having a meal. It was actually comfortable enough to stretch his legs and even sleep.

After thoroughly enjoying the kebab that Dimitry had given me to satisfy my hungry stomach, I fought off impending drowsiness and read a book.

By the way, the book was a history book about the racial war that I had been focusing on reading before meeting Dimitry.

I couldn't finish reading it, so he generously gave it to me as a gift. I was a bit hesitant to accept the gift, especially since he had already given me a remover, but Dmitry insisted that it was okay and that I didn't have to give him anything in return.

I'm not sure if he gave it to me because I'm Marie's boyfriend or if he had some other intentions. Maybe he just liked me after having a conversation with me.

Nevertheless, it was clear that Dimitry was fond of me, and he didn't show any signs of being overly possessive or obsessive. Dimitry was just an ordinary father figure that you could see anywhere.

'Maybe he knows that I'm the author of Xenon's Biography.'

I guessed while savoring the last bit of my kebab. It was just my speculation, but Dimitry's excessive kindness towards me was enough to make me suspicious.

Of course, he didn't pressure me like Rina or Leort did, and he didn't directly ask me about it, so I couldn't be sure. Again, it was just my speculation.

'Let's just think about getting home now.'

After finishing the kebab and throwing away the remaining trash in the bin, I looked out the window to check the time. The view outside the glass window was a gradually reddening sky. We had left during lunchtime, and it had been about six hours since then.

It usually takes around 10 hours by carriage from my house to the capital, but this carriage cost a lot more, so it was probably faster than that. I might arrive sooner if I read a bit more.

As soon as I arrive, I will greet my parents and finish dinner, and the day will pass by quickly. On the carriage ride home, I thought hard about what I would do during the vacation.

'I think I'll gradually write Xenon's Biography...'

Even though the notice had already been posted that I would be on break, my hands were already itching. Without smartphones or computers, there was nothing to do during the vacation except to read.

I planned to exercise with my father from time to time, but even that was not enough. A month may seem short at first glance, but it's actually quite long when it's all said and done.

While I was thinking about how I could spend my vacation productively, a clever plan flashed through my mind.

'Should I write a spin-off?'

The notice only said that Xenon's Biography would be on break, but it didn't say anything about not releasing other books.

Furthermore, there is a past story that many people are curious about. That is the story of the teacher and the elf queen.