Chapter 192: Dream (1)

After sending off Cherry, I returned to the history hall. Since I had given her a map, I planned to wait while reading a book.

"Hey, are you really Xenon?"

Of course, it was natural for Elena to question whether I'm Xenon. It would be strange not to ask after Cherry had called me Xenon in front of her.

As soon as I heard her question, I hesitated before pulling a book from the shelf. When I looked at Elena, I could see a curious expression on her face.

"Do you also think so, Professor?"

"No? I just asked out of curiosity. I can't understand why that girl suddenly called you Xenon."

Elena replied, pushing up her glasses. Upon hearing her words, I couldn't help but chuckle.

I didn't know what Cherry had in mind, but her hasty actions put my secret at risk. First, I needed to question her, but it was also important to understand what she was thinking.

"If I really am Xenon, what will you do, Professor?"

"I would ask if you are a prophet or someone from the future. Or perhaps, I would request to work together on research. Even I didn't know about forbidden magic until now, but you may know more about history."

"Is that all?"

"Hey, I'm just an ordinary scholar, not a noble ruling a territory or a soldier protecting the country. Isn't uncovering knowledge that people don't know about a delightful task?"

It's certainly the mindset of a born scholar. Thanks to that inquisitive nature, I can freely come and go to Alvenheim's Sanctuary. Plus, the unique characteristics of the elves play a role as well. As mentioned before, elves spend their entire lives dedicated to their chosen profession and don't show much interest in anything else.

So, I don't think it will be a big problem to reveal to Elena that I am Xenon. She'll probably be pleased that she got an assistant, not a high-level slave.

From what I've seen of Elena so far, she's at least a born scholar and not a cunning manipulator.

"So, are you really Xenon?"

"No, it's not."

Of course, that doesn't mean I plan to reveal the secret. We haven't built enough trust for me to disclose it just yet.

"That's a shame. How are you going to explain it to her then?"

"Um..."

I heard her question and sat down on the couch, pondering. Cherry will arrive around 5 o'clock at the latest, since usually the orientation ends early.

Moreover, Cherry saw me completely as Xenon. It's also complicated to talk about it in the lab because Elena is there as well.

Well, judging from our recent conversation, I don't suspect that she'll do anything drastic upon learning my secret. Even if she does, she's likely to stop at the Arwen line.

"Well, I think it's best to start by clearing up any misunderstandings. And we can apologize for dragging you into this mess as well."

"When she arrives, go to a cafe to talk. I'd prefer not to discuss personal matters in the lab if possible."

"So, the lab is strictly for research purposes, is that right?"

"Yes, exactly."

She really does have the mindset of a true scholar. In fact, I nodded silently because I had similar plans in mind. It was when I opened the book I had chosen in advance to wait for Cherry.