Chapter 176: Unexpected Situation (3)

The plan has almost been set, but there are points to be addressed before they fall into the trap. First of all, Adelia was staying at our house. She is my bodyguard, but she has no idea that I am Xenon. She became my bodyguard purely out of favor towards me, and if she gets involved in this situation, it will be quite troublesome.

Because of this, Father even suggested revealing it to Adelia. Although she's not talkative and her background is suspicious, it's unavoidable for a smooth progress.

However, the person who firmly rejected it was not only me or Cecily but also Mother.

"No. Dame Cross shouldn't know that Isaac is Xenon."

"Why?"

Up until now, my mother had sat quietly, merely listening to the conversation, so my father asked with a puzzled expression. I, too, was equally puzzled.

Mother gently stroked Lily, who was peacefully asleep in her stomach, and then she opened her mouth with her unique beautiful smile.

"Maybe one day, Dame Cross might face an important decision. Even for that chance, we must not reveal that Isaac is Xenon."

"Um... If you say so, I'll accept it. I'd like to hear the details later."

"You'll probably understand too."

In the end, we were left with no choice but to not include Adelia. However, she was highly skilled, having worked as an assistant at the Halo Academy.

Elves might intrude at any time, and her senses should be sharp, so could she really not notice?

Father seemed somewhat hesitant, perhaps because he was worried about that point.

"Dame Cross has exceptional senses, even though I don't know what she went through in the past. Even during training, she intuitively knows where to attack."

"She notices everything?"

"That's right. She said her body warns her on its own. It must be hard to develop such a perception going through ordinary experiences, I wonder where she learned it."

"... ..."

Could that also be connected to the past? As she was not properly recognized as a royalty and lived in the palace, she must have faced all sorts of persecution.

It might have been bad enough to warrant an assassination attempt. Considering the insults Adelia received from her siblings, it's not an entirely implausible story.

"Anyway, it means we need to handle the operation without Dame Cross noticing... It's not as easy as it sounds."

"Your Highness, what if I put her to sleep with a sleep spell?"

"Would that work?"

"It's not impossible."

"Hah."

When things were handled more easily than expected, Father let out a disappointed laugh. As always, magic played the role of doing the impossible.

"Alright, then the issue with Dame Cross is resolved. We just need to let our employees know that thieves broke in."

"But the key is when they will come, right? Father-in-law, when do you expect them to come?"

"Well, my friend purposely messed with their tracks, so it'll take some time. At best it might be three days, if they're fast, tonight."

They will come tonight. A week ago, Mora informed me that something would happen at night. And today is that day.

There is still plenty of time until nightfall, but it's a bit urgent to set up the trap soon. It's better to hurry.

"I understand. Let's set up the trap first. Please wait a moment."