Chapter 142: Speech (3)

Arwen's speech achieved great success, leading to fervent support from the people. However, if we delve into its essence, we can see that it is not a complete success.

There is a risk of misinterpretation that could involve elements of racial superiority, namely fascism, although she actually cautions against becoming arrogant. There are unavoidable aspects in trying to unite pure-blooded and mixed-blooded elves into one group called "elf."

Therefore, the key is to observe whether pure-blooded and mixed-blooded elves can integrate well and become truly united. If Arwen's intentions are fulfilled, it may even be possible to accept Dark Elves.

However, it is quite apparent that the Council of Elders, particularly certain individuals, is monitoring her closely and could hinder her achievements. We can only hope that Arwen handles the situation well.

After the conclusion of all the speeches and as people dispersed in the square, we remained seated quietly. The reason was simple.

"It is an honor to meet you. I sincerely..."

"I am delighted to meet the sun of the Empire..."

"Perhaps an invitation to our country in the future..."

"What is Helium like?"

Immediately after the speeches ended, there was a buzz of excitement around Rina and Cecily. In addition to the Minerva Empire, there were also distinguished guests from other countries, so it was somewhat expected.

Personally, I felt uncomfortable in such situations, and instinctively tried to leave. In order to aspire for the future, I needed to become accustomed to such spontaneous encounters, but it was a habit I unintentionally developed.

However, there was someone who prevented me from doing so.

"Where are you going? You should get used to these occasions."

"I don't like it..."

"Don't be stubborn. If you marry me later, you'll inevitably have to make your debut in society. You wouldn't think of avoiding society after marriage, right?"

It was my girlfriend, Marie. She skillfully persuaded me to attend the spontaneous encounter.

At first, I grumbled, but upon reflection, I realized there was nothing wrong with attending. Besides, since it was a spontaneous encounter, it would only last a short time, so there was no need to feel burdened.

However, the fact that they were not nobles of the Minerva Empire but rather royal or noble figures from other countries did give me some pause. I wasn't familiar with their culture and etiquette.

However, before long, I realized that even that anxiety was fleeting.

"Your name is Isaac, right? Red hair is quite rare in the world, it's really unique."

"I hear that a lot. Lady has probably heard similar things about herself, haven't you?"

"My hair is also orange, so I hear those comments a lot. Does Lady Marie also receive such comments?"

"Yes, that's right. White hair is not very common either."

Perhaps it was because we had just met, or maybe it was because of Marie's high status, but everyone was kind. Especially when they looked at me, they always mentioned my hair and eyes.

Furthermore, me being a Baron's son and Marie being a Duke's daughter, it was only natural for people to be curious. Sometimes, a few people even asked if I'm engaged to Marie.

It could be a slightly uncomfortable question, but considering our social status, it was an inevitable doubt.

And every time such a question arose, my girlfriend pointed at my face and answered.