Chapter 156: Butterfly Effect (5)

It feels like being hit hard on the back of the head. I couldn't focus for a while due to the news published in the newspaper. Luminous assured me that he would take care of everything and asked me not to worry, but the subsequent news I heard was quite different.

Currently, everything in the book was mere coincidences, but in the future, my words may predict the inevitable. It all started with Luminous's assurance when he first arrived in Xavier Kingdom. However, whether it's a problem with their interpretation or intentional, he went as far as making promises that weren't necessary.

While the incidents in Xenon's Biography appearing in reality may all be coincidences, it is a fact that they prevented disasters. Moreover, the impact of Xenon's Biography on the world was not insignificant, and it's not an exaggeration to treat it as a serious matter.

While Luminous praised me in his own way, it seems to have a slightly different meaning to the Xavier's Kingdom, who worshiped him. To them, finding and treating me as a saint, the author of Xenon's Biography, was something that was willed by Luminous.

Preventing the impending devil war and stopping the contamination of the World Tree, can be seen as a great thing from the gods' perspective including Luminous.

Perhaps because of this, until recently, I was treated as a "prophet" or "regressor," but now I'm being treated as a "saint" altogether.

[Could it be that he's really not a prophet or a person from the future? Or could it be something that even Luminous cannot disclose due to constraints?]

[If there were constraints, Luminous would have made the promise from the perspective of the present, not the future.]

[Treating him as a saint and knowing the true identity of Xenon are two separate matters.]

However, the assumption that I am a prophet or someone from the future remained unchanged. The title of "saint" has overshadowed it, and those who suspected me continued to do so consistently.

Moreover, there were cases where the divine oracle was delivered ambiguously, leading to Xavier's arbitrary interpretations. Within Xavier's followers, there were many different beliefs and thoughts.

Above all, the one delivering the oracle was a god. It is not uncommon for people to immerse themselves in deciphering the will of the gods, often getting lost in various interpretations.

Therefore, how was my current situation?

"Saint, tiramisu is delicious, isn't it?"

"Well, yeah."

"Then should I call you a prophet or a regressor?"

"... ..."

Well, what can I do? I could only be teased by my girlfriend.

As I let out a hollow laugh, Marie, who was eating dessert next to me, burst into laughter. I shook my head and neatly cut a piece of tiramisu with a fork and put it in my mouth.

The rich taste of chocolate and the aroma of coffee filled my mouth. However, my gloomy mood didn't seem to improve.

Luminous gave me a migraine, but the next day, I was enjoying a peaceful date with Marie. Cecily and Rina said they had busy matters and went back to their respective dorms.

As I walked back, I recalled their gazes directed at me. Cecily had a smile that seemed to hide ulterior motives, and Rina also had a peculiar expression, or so I saw.

Regardless, Marie seemed to be delighted by the fact that we were having a private date and couldn't stop giggling.

"Sigh..."