Chapter 84: Relax (3)

Literature, art, language, technology, theater, religion, customs, way of life, architecture, and so on.

There are various types of culture, and the power that culture holds is so enormous that it cannot be fully expressed.

If you have a good culture, it has the effect of making people follow it "voluntarily". Like a drop of ink in clean water, the power of culture slowly influences from within, rather than superficially.

It is not a shallow idea that is implanted through brainwashing or education, but rather, the effect is bound to be excellent when you naturally follow it as you encounter that culture.

Moreover, in this world that is close to the medieval era, the most influential culture is undoubtedly "art."

As previously mentioned, art includes music, painting, sculpture, crafts, and so on, and the masters who are hailed as the best in each field possess a tremendous status in the world.

In addition, the world of art is also mixed with Elves, who laid the foundation of civilization, and Dwarves, who are called the craftsmen's race.

The Beastmen are a warrior race and have little interest in the arts, while the Demons, instead of the arts, focus on humanity, so they have no particular pride in the arts.

The country of culture, the Ters Kingdom, recognized the power of culture early on and concentrated on cultural strength, resulting in its growth into a powerful nation that even the Minerva Empire cannot easily confront.

The reason the Minerva Empire cannot pressurize the Ters Kingdom, despite its formidable military and economic power, is because the culture of the Ters Kingdom has already permeated into the roots of the Empire.

The Empire has therefore changed its course to maintain a balance by plundering the culture of the Ters Kingdom, rather than trying to wage a conquest war with force.

If the cultural strength of the Minerva Empire becomes similar to that of the Ters Kingdom, the title of cultural powerhouse will become meaningless, which is why the Empire is seeking opportunities.

The Ters Kingdom is also mindful of this and is currently waging a cultural war against the Empire, even though it is not spilling blood.

"I understand that, but why are we holding an exhibition in our territory, not the capital? And why delay the reopening of Halo Academy for this?"

I retorted to the woman sitting across from me with some dissatisfaction and bewilderment. Honestly, it was difficult to grasp what was going on.

The woman with golden hair, Rina, who was sitting opposite me, smiled sardonically with a more troubled expression than before. She seemed to have nothing to say either.

However, one has to know what is going on to at least understand it. Rina knew that, so she quietly opened her mouth.

"...At first, we didn't plan on holding an exhibition in the Empire either. But since you're not yet subject to the Empire, and all the renowned artists are in the Ters Kingdom, we just wanted to show that our Empire is making efforts. That's all."

"By the way, the Ters Kingdom suddenly passed on the exhibition to the Empire, right?"

"That's right. I don't know why, though."

Rina sighed deeply, feeling frustrated with the current situation, and gave her answer. Although her response left me feeling somewhat helpless, I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down.

We were currently in the reception room of the Michelles' mansion, where Rina had come to find me as soon as the decision to hold the exhibition in our territory was made.