Chapter 198: Liquidation (1)

The situation that was too embarrassing to even call it a duel ended shortly thereafter. Hiriya, who had fallen to the ground, got up from her seat and left immediately.

I'm not sure if she couldn't do anything and felt embarrassed or if there was some other reason, but her footsteps seemed a bit hasty. What's more, as she left, she gave me a lingering look.

In any case, as the duel ended too easily, the onlookers started going about their own business. A few people applied for a duel with Adelia, but she rejected them all and came back to me.

"It's been a while, Your Highness. Have you been well?"

"Yeah, it seems like you've improved your skills in the meantime"

"You're too kind."

After returning, she greeted Leort first, who was sitting next to me. Leort responded with a friendly gesture.

Adelia politely bowed and then met my gaze directly. At first, she hesitated, then blushed and spoke shyly.

"So, what did you think? Did you like it?"

"Yeah, it was really impressive."

To be honest, I didn't know how Adelia had defeated Hiriya while I was talking to Leort. Since there was quite a commotion, I guess Adelia didn't even realize my lie. She only smiled brighter than before. I could feel the innocence of a young girl when she lowered her head slightly.

I guess we're done with the duel. I don't think there's any need to stay here any longer. I decided, getting up from my seat.

"We'll be leaving now."

"Okay. Have a nice day."

"Thank you. Let's go, noona."

"Yeah."

I didn't seem to sweat at all, and it didn't look like she needed to shower. I planned to finish the exercise I hadn't done in the remaining time.

I didn't know what Hiriya was going to do next, but for the time being, she wouldn't harm Adelia. Even if she did, I had confidence that I could repay her several times over.

"Noona, if Hiriya comes to see you separately and says something, please let me know right away. Okay?"

"Don't worry. Hiriya won't be that reckless."

Adelia cut in, showing that she knew Hiriya well. It would be great if it turned out that way, but you never knew how people's hearts might change. Especially since she had suffered such a humiliating defeat, there was a high chance that she would harbor resentment internally.

I was worrying about the future for a moment, but then a question popped into my head, and I glanced at Adelia. It might be a sensitive topic for her, but I felt like I needed to ask.

"Um... noona."

"Yeah?"

"Was the power gap between you and Princess Hiriya always this big?"

"... Originally, it was."

Adelia smiled bitterly at that question, as if thinking about something from the past. She maintained the bitter smile for a moment before speaking quietly.

"That child may seem calm on the surface, but she's secretly quite hot-tempered. She has a hard time controlling her emotions when provoked even a little. Even if you exclude that, I'm still more skilled than her..."

"Didn't you keep losing to Princess Hiriya back then?"

"I thought it would get better if I kept losing. I thought that if I gave in, we could return to the time when we were close, and she would follow me around again, calling me 'sister' and all. I realized it was all in vain not long after... but it wasn't easy to let go."