Chapter 18: Offer (2)

As Professor Elena asked, I headed to her lab after all the classes were over. The laboratory was located in a building called 'History Hall'.

As Professor Beerus mentioned, at Halo Academy, we must take common classes until the second year, after which we must choose our own career path. Perhaps as a result of this, there are buildings for each major, resulting in a high level of professionalism.

'It's just like a university.'

It's high school until the second year, and after that, it's a university where we have to go around the building to listen to lectures. I wandered around looking for the History Hall through the map that Professor Elena gave me.

Because Halo Academy was the size of a small city, simply walking around took a long time. If I had known this was going to happen, I would have eaten one meal and then left.

'It doesn't matter since I got the book.'

Today, in my spare time, I read the Elf history book that Professor Elena gave me.

Like an elf who thinks of himself as a descendant of God, there were many words that are difficult to understand, but there was no difficulty thanks to my regular reading of books. I had no choice but to go through the dictionary and find out the meaning.

Still, there were many achievements. I hadn't read even 1/10th of it yet, but I had a rough idea of ​​what kind of race the Elves were. If demons were a mutant caused by the devil, elves were more like descendants of 'angels'.

It was a fact that was never mentioned in history books written from a human point of view, but it seemed possible because elves were a long-lived species, so there were very few lost records. Or maybe they have a habit of putting importance on records.

Anyway, knowing that elves were descended from angels was one of the most important things I learned. How come there are no angels if there are still demons in this world? It immediately dispelled my doubts. The elf's mana, unlike that of the demons, has white mana.

'Other races only knew about the devil; they had no idea about angels.'

Because I remembered my previous life, I assumed that if there was a devil, there would also be angels, but this was not the case with other people. They must have believed that the only thing that could oppose the Devil was God.

'I should go with the story of interacting with elves from the middle of Volume 9 to the end of Volume 10.' The devil's executives are also very active.'

I jotted down the progression of Xenon's life in a notebook on the way to the History Hall. Because the eighth manuscripts were already completed, I can mail them to my parents and call it a day.

"You are here?"

After a while of walking, I arrived at the building depicted on the map. It wasn't particularly cool because it's a history hall, but it was a dull yet highly functional structure.

It was probably because the building was only used by professors or teaching assistants, and there was no need for a training room in martial arts.

'Because Martial Arts requires a training room. There are many more.'

Again, this was a fantasy world with monsters and mana. Even at the Halo Academy, martial arts that develop military power are inevitably a priority. As a result, I've heard that there are numerous cases where the literature side has complained about budget issues.

I re-examined the map and the building, double-checked the name 'History Hall' written at the entrance, and proceeded. The front door was a well-kept wooden door with a glossy appearance.