Chapter 51: Secret (1)

"Heheheung~ Heung~"

Marie, a white-haired girl, was walking down the street humming happily. Her gait was far from the dignified appearance of a noble that always had to be maintained.

She was also carefully holding a book in her arms, which was the newly published ninth volume of Xenon's Biography.

'I was really lucky.'

Whenever a new work of Xenon's Biography was released, it boasted such an incredible popularity that it caused it to sell out within an hour. There were rumors that as soon as news spread that Xenon's Biography was coming out from the publisher, it was like the start of a war.

There were various difficult situations that arose, such as hiring people to wait in front of the bookstore all day long, as well as incidents of hoarding and even fraud. Fortunately, each country recognized the seriousness of the situation and took strict measures to prevent such incidents from occurring, but the people who waited in front of the bookstore remained unchanged. Since this was not even illegal, there was no way to stop it.

Of course, it was strictly prohibited for one person to purchase more than two copies. Magical technology was even invented for identity verification purposes to prevent this. If Isaac were to hear about this, he would be dumbfounded, but he currently did not even care.

Nevertheless, Xenon's Biography continued to sell out quickly. Unless Marie asked someone from her family to purchase it, it was almost impossible for her, even as the daughter of the Requilis family, to directly buy Xenon's Biography.

'I won't have to ask Dad for a favor this time.'

But this time, the situation was different. It was because the publisher had made up their mind to capitalize on the enormous sales of Xenon's Biography, which had exceeded their imagination.

Originally, they had already replaced all the printing presses with the ones solely for Xenon's Biography, but even that had its limits. So they established a new large-scale printing factory and even introduced new technology.

Thanks to this, even commoners could easily obtain Xenon's Biography, which even nobles found hard to purchase. And even if it was sold out on the first day of release, it would be restocked within three days.

'I can't believe I managed to buy the last copy. I'll never be this lucky again.'

Marie held Xenon's Biography tightly and smiled happily. She couldn't buy it on the first day of release due to a mistake, but when she visited the bookstore three days later, there was one last copy left.

At that time, she was so nervous that she almost got it snatched away by someone else, but she managed to buy it just in time. Although her competitors gave her angry looks, Marie didn't care.

Since then, she was walking back to her dorm with a light step. Although her assignments and tests were piling up like mountains, she planned to read Xenon's Biography first to clear her head.

'I wonder if Isaac bought it too.'

Marie was walking down the street with a happy heart when she suddenly thought of Isaac. Lately, his face has been frequently popping up in her mind.

Moreover, she has been staring at his profile more often during class. And if Isaac noticed her gaze and turned his head, she reflexively looked away.

Originally, she only thought of it as a simple crush, but as time passed, the meaning of her feelings became clearer. Marie hugged Xenon's Biography more tightly and smiled warmly.

We talked about this at the last gathering, but Isaac is honest when it comes to dealing with others, even if he hides a secret. That alone was enough to win Marie's favor, and she gradually became more and more attached to him.