Chapter 155: Butterfly Effect (4)

I discovered that I was reborn in this world due to the strange influence of a devil's summoning. How should I react to this?

I feel somewhat bewildered by the revelation of an unexpected secret in my birth, but I haven't felt any stronger emotions beyond that. Anger or hatred?

In my previous life, I didn't have much attachment to begin with. After my parents suddenly passed away, I was mentally disconnected from the world, so to speak. Although it's a bit regrettable that I couldn't finish the novel I was serializing, it was an unavoidable situation.

Furthermore, unintentionally causing a failure for devils could be seen as somewhat satisfying in a way.

[Are you... alright?]

'What? What's wrong?'

[We made a mistake, and you ended up here from a different dimension. Although you lived a regretful life, your life is always valuable.]

Luminous cautiously asked me. Upon hearing that question, I once again pondered about the god named Luminous.

Luminous, known for embodying light and hope, is said to have a compassionate and lenient nature. It almost feels like I'm having a real conversation with them.

However, what I currently sensed was a subtle timidity. If they are a god or a being of that stature, they could boldly proceed even after making a mistake, but they didn't seem to do so.

It would be somewhat unreasonable to say that the gods, including Luminous, were at fault for my sudden death caused by the devil's mischief. Despite that, Luminous was truly expressing sincere apologies.

'No, I'm fine. I didn't hold much attachment to my previous life.'

[Still...]

'But being reborn now is much better. I have wonderful parents, caring siblings, and even beautiful lovers. I'm currently enjoying the happiness that I could never have in my previous life.'

It was indeed true. In my previous life, I was an ordinary person with no exceptional qualities, but everything changed after my reincarnation.

From a harmonious family and the honor and power gained through Xenon's Biography, to the women who promised me a future. I had everything a man could desire.

[...If that's how you feel, then that's fortunate. I was actually a little worried that you might hold a grudge.]

'It's strange for beings like us to worry about mere mortals, isn't it?'

[You're not from the world we oversee, but from a different world in a different universe. It was our mistake that caused this, so it's only natural for us to apologize.]

I don't quite understand, but if that's what the gods say, then let's just accept it. Talk of worlds and universes didn't suit me.

What's more important is how we resolve the current situation.

'Does that mean there's no problem with me writing Xenon's Biography?'

[That's right. In fact, we wish you would include even more. We never imagined that cultural differences would lead to these results.]

'What do you mean by that?'

[As you have noticed while living in this world, the level of science and culture here is much lower than on Earth. Xenon's Biography may seem like an ordinary novel to you, but to the people here, it's not. Things that would be considered 'cliché' in the language of Earth may actually exist in this world.]

'Cultural differences...'

[The progress of culture and science goes hand in hand with the development of imagination and creativity. Moreover, your Xenon's Biography is not solely focused on imagination but is thoroughly researched as well. Especially when it comes to beings like devils, they were simply forgotten by everyone, but they were bound to resurface someday.]