Chapter 144: Rewriting (2)

The villain should be charming. This applies not only to novels but also to other forms of media. If the villain is ordinary and unremarkable, defeating them will not bring much satisfaction to the protagonist, and it will be taken for granted in most cases. Typically, third rate villains fall into this category.

On the other hand, a charismatic villain, even when defeated by the protagonist, leaves a lasting impression and is evaluated from various perspectives. Why did the villain end up resorting to such actions? Why did they cross a point of no return?

Lastly, what beliefs did the villain hold, and so on. Especially when a villain emerges who perfectly opposes the protagonist, their popularity increases significantly.

Among the countless villains in history, there are those who are recorded for their impact. Examples include Darth Vader from Star Wars, the Joker from The Dark Knight, notorious tyrant kings in the gaming world like Arthas.

Villains must be as captivating and multidimensional as the protagonists, especially if they have a significant role like the Seven Deadly Sins.

The mention of their past in the novel and the readers' acceptance alone could be considered sufficient for success.

'Organizing each and every detail is quite a task.'

As the Seven Deadly Sins were being revealed in full, even establishing the setting was a task. Since I can gradually write the 13th volume, I'm thinking of starting with the past of the Seven Deadly Sins.

If we were to categorize the races within the Seven Deadly Sins, we have the arrogant Elves for Pride, demons for Gluttony, succubi for Lust, humans for Envy, beastmen for Wrath, dwarves for Greed, and lastly, Sloth as a kind of fragment.

As a common point, excluding the artificial Sloth, is it safe to say that they all have miserable pasts? To unfold this, it should be mentioned in various parts, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to write it as a separate story.

'First and foremost, who will be the first to be eliminated...'

In order to prevent the protagonist and their group from returning to Elvenheim, Lust, Lilith appears. Modeled after Cecily, she is a succubus who simultaneously wields swordsmanship and magic.

With sensual and decadent beauty, she seduces indiscriminately through every movement, but, as befitting a demon, carries a tragic past.

Once, she loved a human man, and that human also sincerely loved Lilith, but due to the low reputation of demons, she lost them right in front of her eyes.

Since then, like many other demons, she couldn't control her anger and sadness, becoming a devil herself.

However, uniquely enough, she didn't lose her rationality and sought revenge with cold hatred, catching the attention of Diablo and taking the seat of Lust.

The reason she didn't lose her rationality was because she was a first-generation hybrid of a demon and a human, just like Jin.

'It turns out she's also a pure-hearted girl.'

I have already considered all the ways in which the Seven Deadly Sins will retire. Lilith will fall, calling out the name of the man she loves, even until the moment of her death. It is truly heartbreaking and saddening that even the reason she became a demon and lived in agony was to remember the man she loves for a little longer.

'I hope this doesn't lead to demons being recognized as the Sunflower race, right?'

(TL: I have no idea what sunflower race is)

Currently, the recognition of demons is skyrocketing. It is not an exaggeration to say that the number of people who have become involved with demons and entered into relationships with them has been increasing day by day since Volume 12 was released.