Chapter 150: Lee Waejin (2)

Words can become seeds. This proverb can be used to describe a situation where words spoken without much thought become a reality. It carries the lesson of being cautious and not speaking recklessly.

In various ways, I have witnessed numerous instances where words have turned into reality, even in past lives. Most of these instances were posts on social media, which later came true.

However, if you examine it closely, it is simply a matter of possibilities, and therefore, there are many instances where words are spoken without much consideration. For example, predicting an accident the next morning or finding a bundle of money on the street, among other things.

In this world, there are various probabilities, including extremely rare ones. The cases where words turn into reality mostly involve the coincidence of hitting such a low-probability event.

Speaking of probabilities, let's take an example. What is the probability that events described in a novel, written out of boredom, will actually occur?

There was a novel that semi-predicted the 9/11 terrorist attacks in my past life, and it was rumored that the author was later personally invited to write various scenarios. Not only that, there was a famous novel in South Korea that "predicted" the President's Gate scandal.

The overall content of the novel was about a shaman who helps the person who will become the future president. The story of the novel was astonishingly similar to real-life events, to the point where the author himself expressed astonishment.

As you can see, there are countless works that predict the future. The Earth's culture has developed significantly more than in this world, and with media pouring out content, it increased the "probability" of such occurrences.

And the current situation I am facing was similar but slightly different.

The 13th volume of Xenon's Biography mainly revolved around the contamination of the world tree's roots by the machinations of Lucifer of Pride. As a result, Elvenheim is invaded by demons and transformed into a wasteland. The protagonist and his companions hear the news and try to return, but they are delayed by Lilith. By the time they arrive, Elvenheim is on the verge of becoming ruins, with only remnants left to greet them.

If this were to happen in reality, it would be a major event that would turn the entire world upside down. However, devil's activities have completely dwindled since the Great Devil war, and not even a single devil has been discovered. So the contamination of the world tree should never occur...

[Shock! The world tree of Yggdrasil was actually being contaminated!]

[The contamination of the roots that even mana from the world tree couldn't purify. If it had progressed like this, would devils have actually invaded?]

[As the contamination of the world tree's roots occurred in reality, the leaders of each country are contemplating the possibility of a devil invasion.]

[Who is Xenon, who foresaw this situation? Is it a coincidence, or did they already know?]

But then, it actually happened. What on earth is this? It's unbelievable.

As I read the news articles in the newspaper, I was at a loss for words. I initially thought the focus would be on the part where Elvenheim was invaded, but an unexpected variable occurred.

To neutralize the mana emitted by the World Tree, devils contaminated it from its roots. This was merely my imagination, and there was absolutely no separate research or anything of that sort.

In the first place, I only visited Yggdrasil, where the World Tree is located, once. Moreover, I returned home immediately after hearing Arwen's speech, without even reaching the vicinity of the World Tree.