Chapter 97: Strange Relationship (3)

Afterward, I left the bookstore with several books that I had purchased. There were so many newly released books that it took me a long time to decide which ones to buy, but with Arwen's help, I was able to shorten the time a bit. However, she only provided information on whether the book had depth and was suitable for someone knowledgeable like me, without giving her own subjective evaluation.

"By the way, all the books seem to be related to history. Do you like history?"

Arwen asked me as we walked down the street after leaving the bookstore. She seemed a bit puzzled that I had only chosen history books.

In response, I raised the paper bag that I held in my right hand, which contained the books I had purchased.

"It's interesting. It's fascinating that such events happened in the past."

"Well, as you say, the past can be intriguing. Even I wonder if such events really happened. Moreover, the fact that the past influences the present and the future is of great interest."

"Do you like history, Arwen? I mean, not just the history of elves, but that of other races as well?"

Elves tend to place great importance on their own history and traditions, but it's a story that was only until the outbreak of the race wars. Until then, elves had almost no interest in other races.

However, there was one exception, and that was the demons. As descendants of angels, elves had to be cautious of the descendants of demons, and there were hidden conflicts between them, as recorded in the books.

But since the power of the two sides was similar, there was no direct military conflict. If there had been, one of the races would have been at risk of being wiped out, and as an elf, Arwen had no choice but to remain a spectator.

"Of course. Especially with humans like you, I have a deep curiosity. Despite their short lifespan, humans have achieved remarkable growth. Even magic was something that only the chosen ones could use during the race wars, but now it is widely available to the upper class. And in time, magic will become a power that even commoners can use easily."

"That will take a long time."

"Hmm..."

After hearing my curt response, Arwen stared at me intently. After pondering for a while, she turned her head forward and spoke her mind.

"It will indeed take a long time for your words to come true. However, humans possess infinite potential, and even we elves cannot deny that. Perhaps in the not-too-distant future, magic may spread to the general public. Xenon's Biography appeared in the world suddenly too. Do you know how the perception of the demons has changed?"

"Well, this world is full of unpredictable things."

I listened to Arwen's explanation and smirked. Even as the author of the Xenon's Biography, I never thought it would turn out like this. What a cruel world.

One might think that magic is a privilege allowed only for the upper class, but upon closer examination, it is a naturally ingrained phenomenon.

Unlike the nobility who receive advanced education from a young age, commoners can only acquire power through their own efforts, and even accessing magic differs.

Occasionally, commoners may display the potential to become a wizard, but it is a truly rare occurrence. Moreover, because it is such an exceptional talent, the country focuses on caring for them.

In other words, if the accessibility issue is resolved, magic means that even commoners can use it easily.

Elves and demons may have a natural advantage in magic, but it may be due to the overwhelming accessibility.