Chapter 78: Requilis (2)

At first, my head went numb from the spiciness I had never experienced before in Marie's version, but my steps towards the mansion did not stop.

However, since Marie still had her arm around mine, the heat on my face didn't seem to subside. Even though I tried to act as casual as possible, Marie could see it all over my face, making it pointless to try and hide it.

"Poke, poke."

"Stop it."

"I don't want to. I'm going to keep doing it."

Marie continued to playfully poke my face with her finger, even though I told her to stop. She just laughed it off and ignored me.

When I asked her why she was doing it, she said she was curious if red liquid would come out. It was so absurd that I couldn't help but laugh.

In the end, I had to give up halfway. It wasn't really bothering me, and it was just Marie's way of showing affection, so I decided to just let it go.

It didn't matter if someone happened to pass by and see us. If it was Marie, she would proudly announce to them that we were a couple.

As her boyfriend, I was a little embarrassed, but I loved her confidence. Sometimes, I even felt like she was more masculine than me.

And so, Marie was still playing around with me as we almost arrived at the mansion.

"Welcome back to the family, Miss Marie. We sincerely welcome your return."

Said an old man who had been waiting in front of the mansion and greeted us with proper manners. The old man who was wearing traditional butler's clothes, politely bowed his head .

He had neatly pushed back his scruffy hair and tidied up mustache without a hint of disarray. Additionally, his solid build, which couldn't be hidden even under the butler's uniform, made his well-trained swordsmanship apparent. The traces of his training were clearly evident, making it impossible to approach him carelessly.

"Hello, Sebastian, it's been a while. Have you been well?"

"I'm always the same. But who is this gentleman with red hair next to you? I feel like I've seen him somewhere before..."

Sebastian straightened his previously hunched back and looked at me. I hadn't realized it when he was bowing, but he was quite tall when he straightened up.

My father was 190cm tall, and the butler in front of us was similar in height. Despite his age, he stood up straight, indicating that he was undoubtedly skilled.

'I've heard that butlers in fantasy worlds are strong...'

Without flinching from Sebastian's sharp gaze, I replied.

"Hello, I'm Isaac Ducker Michelle of the Michelle family."

"Hmm, as expected of the Michelle family. No wonder the red hair looked familiar."

Sebastian said, indicating that he was aware of my father's reputation. Of course, I had no intention of mentioning it.

"Anyway, welcome to the Requilis family mansion. There seems to be no need to ask about your relationship."

Sebastian spoke gently but firmly. After all, if they were still holding hands like that, it would be weird not to notice.

I chuckled bitterly and leaned my shoulder against Marie, who laughed even harder, as if showing off our relationship. Sebastian smiled contentedly as he watched our sweet relationship.

"Sebastian, is anyone inside now?"

"Both of them are inside. I heard that the master finished everything in a day, especially after hearing the news that the young lady was coming back."