Chapter 36: Alcohol Is A Problem (3)

"...uh.""... ...""Oh...!""...oh!""Ummm..."

What on earth is this sound? An unidentified sound echoed in my ear.

I groaned at the unidentifiable sound that buzzed in my ears. My head was dizzy and his insides were burning like a hot fire.

I didn't feel well enough to close my eyes and go back to sleep like this.

"Wake up!""What... ?"

This time it sounded vividly in my ears. The sound of someone shouting at me to wake up.

Trembling, I barely managed to open my eyelids, which I had not even considered lifting until I heard that sound.

As my hazy vision gradually cleared up, a familiar face came into view. White hair and blue eyes. And even a somewhat dissatisfied expression.

My judgment was slightly delayed due to my dizzy head, but it was certainly Marie.

"Are you awake now?""Ugh..."

I couldn't answer Marie's dissatisfied question immediately. It was because as soon as my consciousness returned to some extent, a headache came over me.

I managed to open my mouth with a throbbing headache, and my dry voice flowed out from my lips. A rather dry voice came out of my mouth because I hadn't drunk water in a while.

"...Where am I?""Where do you mean where? The auditorium."

Oh, that's right. I remember Cecily taking me here just before the film was cut off. I don't know what happened in the process, though.

I think we had an important conversation, but strangely enough I couldn't remember it. Well, I guess it can't be helped since I was drunk.

I don't know what I did after that, but I think I probably fell asleep quietly. As they say, old habits die hard, and I tend to pass out if I drink too much.

"By the way, I was wondering where you went, but you were passed out here. How many glasses of wine did you drink exactly?"

Marie's tone, which was filled with disdain, struck my ears. But even with the reprimands mixed in, her sincerity came out.

I opened my mouth, pressing down on the bridge of my nose. My voice was still hoarse.

"...I don't know.""Okay. I guess you don't know. Here.""Huh?"

Marie handed me something while I was pressing on the bridge of my nose. Unlike a wine glass, it was an ordinary glass cup, and inside it contained clear and transparent liquid and spherical ice.

I didn't know there were glass cups because I only drank wine. Of course, since I have only drank wine.

"It's just ordinary cold water. I didn't put anything weird in it, so just drink it without any fuss."

When I was staring blankly at the glass for a while due to my dizzy mind, Marie told me what the liquid was in the cup in a gruff voice.

It was only then that I said "ah" and carefully took the glass. A refreshing coldness was transmitted through both of my hands as soon as I received it.

Then, I looked closely at the glass with ice and brought it to my mouth with both hands, afraid that I might drop it.

gulp- gulp- gulp-

"Whoa!"

After drinking half of the cold water, a heartfelt exclamation burst out of my mouth.

Just a while ago, my chest was burning as if I had lit a fire, but thanks to the cold water, I felt like I was alive again. My throat, which was as dry as a desert, also felt like it had returned to normal.