Chapter 66: Storm (1)

What makes the Xenon's Biography a true masterpiece of this era, revered by people regardless of nationality, is due to various reasons.

However, it's mostly because Xenon's Biography is a novel that can be easily accessed by anyone, regardless of their social status or gender.

It is not filled with difficult and obscure words nor does it speak in circles. Rather, it succinctly and clearly tells a story that stimulates the imagination. Through this imagination, it unfolds a whole new world in the reader's mind.

With this one feature alone, Xenon's Biography meets the requirements for global popularity. In addition, with its exciting story, it is no surprise that its popularity continues to soar.

Furthermore, even people who were illiterate would learn how to read, so that they can read Xenon's Biography, highlighting its significance.

In fact, many readers who come across unfamiliar words or phrases in Xenon's Biography often look them up in the dictionary or figure out the meaning on their own.

However, when popularity rises to the point of reaching the sky, there are naturally side effects.

Other than Xenon's Biography, hardly any other books are selling, and there have been numerous cases of people who have read the book and become obsessed with becoming the protagonist, resulting in unfortunate consequences.

In a way, this may seem like a natural phenomenon, but unfortunately, no one in this world has ever experienced such a thing, where a "culture" that became popular, regardless of gender, age, class, or race, did not exist.

So far, there have been no side effects to enjoying that culture, but after the release of the tenth volume of Xenon's Biography, hidden problems have surfaced.

"Open the door quickly! You're a publishing company! You must know who Xenon is!"

"Please at least tell us the situation! You said last time that there were concerns about his health!"

"Why are you suddenly taking a break?! What does it mean that you're suffering mentally? Come out and explain yourself right now!"

The entrance of the publishing company famous for signing the rights to Xenon's Biography was crowded with numerous people shouting and making noise.

From ordinary citizens to adventurers with thick bones, as well as people from various professions, they all gather together to raise their voices.

It is extremely rare for such a diverse group of people with no common ground to come together and protest. Moreover, there are hardly any instigators inciting them to do so.

Oh, of course, there is one thing they all have in common: they are all fans of Xenon's Biography, who have come together after reading the tenth volume.

"We don't know either! We only receive the manuscript and print the book!"

"Yes! Even if you scream like this, nothing will come out!"

The employees who were struggling to hold back the protesters were really on edge. They felt somewhat unfair, as they themselves didn't know the reason why the author declared a long hiatus.

Just two days after the release of Xenon's Biography volume 10, the crowd rushed in like a tsunami, making it urgent to stop them. Fortunately, the protesters didn't become violent, so they could stop them for the time being.

However, if they were provoked any further, the publishing company could really be occupied. They had to find a way to calm things down before it was too late, but there wasn't even a hint of a solution.