Chapter 92: Exhibition (4)

I gazed at the backs of Cecily and Marie as they left, saying they were going to have a private conversation. When I asked how long it would take, they said it would take a little while and urged me to view the exhibited works until then, as they walked away.

I could guess roughly what they were going to talk about based on the situation just now, but there was no room for me to intervene, so I had no choice but to stay put.

They would return eventually, as I enjoy the exhibited works, but I couldn't help but become curious.

"Hmm..."

What would it feel like to be left alone after starting with three people? I stared blankly at the spot where Cecily and Marie disappeared, then looked around.

Although I was left alone by chance, there were still many passersby going around the village. They all seemed to be busy enjoying the exhibition and festival without a break. This meant that there were few people who cared about me being alone.

'Well, let's go for a walk first.'

Since Cecily said it would take a while, it would be better to look around than to just stand there. I started to enjoy the artworks one by one, which I hadn't seen yet, as I moved my steps.

If sculptures were lined up on both sides of the street like buildings, the art pieces were exhibited all over the village, providing a variety of sights. Artworks were not the only things exhibited at the exhibition.

"A nobleman is above the common people, and a king is above the nobleman, and a kingdom can exist because there are both. However, what supports that nation is strictly the common people. That means that in front of the common people, whether it is a king or a nobleman, they are nothing. But Lord Crost, you are mocking the foundation of that nation just because you are bothered by them. It is truly the behavior of a true nobleman. Isn't it so?"

"Shut your mouth! How dare you mock me?!"

"Mock? I just stated the facts. I heard that if you poke at the truth, people get angry. But it seems like that statement is true."

There was also a theater company performing on the central stage set up in the middle of the village.

Just to let you know, the Matrics Theater wasn't the only that joined the exhibition, and there were occasional actors who pursued theater as a hobby, even if they were not part of a theater group.

The fact that the performance space was set up in the village square might make some people think that the voices would not be audible due to the people passing by more than in other places. However, thanks to the special work done, the actors' voices came across vividly in my ears.

Moreover, although not on the same scale as the Matrics Theater, the actors' performance skills were outstanding, making it immersive.

For these reasons, there were quite a few people who came to watch the play. Judging from their clothing, most of the people sitting in the chairs placed in front were nobles, while those standing and watching from behind were commoners.

'I wonder what are the nobles thinking while watching this?'

The play currently being performed by the theater group is from the early part of the eighth volume, representing the lives of both the nobles and the commoners.

In the scene, they target Xenon, who poses a threat to their privileges, and make him fall into a trap, but instead, they end up being played by him. One might think that most of the people watching the play are commoners, but surprisingly, a considerable number of aristocrats were also watching it. They were not showing any signs of discomfort and were entirely focused on the play itself.