Chapter 162: Back to Helium (2)

The cuisine of Helium was truly diverse. It ranged from insect dishes that emerged from impoverished lives to delicacies that evolved with the advancement of civilization. The traces of poverty were pitifully evident throughout, not only in food but also in the discriminatory cultures.

Starting from the conclusion of the Devil War 3,000 years ago, the demons, in order to survive, established their own civilization, which led to numerous differences from the foundation.

First and foremost, people possessed a positive, optimistic, and bright nature. When I asked Gartz about the reason, he said that having negative thoughts would only further immerse them in their inner evil, so they mostly maintain a positive mindset. Consequently, if someone manages to anger a demon, more often than not, it means the other party is at fault.

Secondly, they rarely get angry. This was roughly expected, as from a young age, they undergo training that demands patience, similar to yoga, resulting in a high level of mental cultivation.

Lastly, this is a recent change. Originally, demons were extremely cautious when dealing with different species, recognizing themselves as a potential danger that could transform into devils at any time and place. However, thanks to the emergence of Xenon's Biography, a sense of pride has developed, and they have become more proactive when dealing with other species.

Of course, just like how each individual has a unique personality, not all demons were the same. Just as there are people like Gartz who are blunt and try to restrain their emotions as much as possible, demons also have various personalities.

You can think of it as a kind of stereotype. For example, Koreans are known for eating spicy food well and having a culture of doing things quickly, which may give the impression that they have impatient personalities.

"Mr. Gartz."

"Yes, please speak."

"I haven't asked until now, but do you have a family, Mr. Gartz?"

I paused my contemplation of Helium and sat on a nearby bench, asking Gartz. Following my request, Gartz sat next to me and blinked his eyes a couple of times upon hearing my question.

"A family... you say?"

"Yes. I'm asking about demons, but don't know anything about the one next to me. So I became curious."

Thanks to Gartz, I've learned a lot about Helium and demon culture, but I know very little about him specifically. I only know that he is a knight personally appointed by Cecily and that he is exceptionally skilled. Beyond that, I know very little.

Since there is still plenty of time, it didn't seem like a bad idea to ask some questions before heading to the temple.

"I have parents and a younger sister."

"You're not married?"

"I have a fiancée whom I've promised my future to."

"How old are you?"

"I am 132 years old."

When a demon reaches 100 years old, they are recognized as true adults. It is a testament that they have lived as humans without becoming devils until the age of 100. Their physical growth is no different from humans, and socially, they each get their own professions around the age of 25. However, being 100 years old can be considered as a mental milestone of adulthood.

For this reason, demons can marry after the age of 100. It is because they believe that before taking responsibility for another person, they must thoroughly manage themselves.

By the way, as the representative of the long-lived races along with elves, the demons appeared much younger than they seemed. Cecil mentioned that she was 105 years old, so she was much older than me.