Chapter 159: Winter Break (3)

I didn't expect Adelia to come to our mansion, let alone to become our escort knight. Nicole mentioned that they would reunite soon, but who would have thought it would be under these circumstances?

Having someone as a knight in our family's escort wasn't a problem. Dave and Nicole have joined the military, and naturally, I will become the next head of the family. I was aware of this and I am preparing for it whenever necessary.

Ideally, I would like to travel the world before Father retires from his position as the head of the family, but you never know what life has in store.

Moreover, it is considered essential for each noble family to have knights in their service. Our household has only recently been elevated from commoners to nobility, and our territory has not developed yet properly, so we only had guards instead of escort knights.

It was uncertain to receive personnel from the palace because it might appear as favoritism towards my father if other nobles were to see it, so that idea was abandoned.

Frankly, the likelihood of problems arising in the palace and Father being called there was much higher than problems occurring in our household. After all, my father is that influential.

So, with the territory gradually developing, it doesn't matter that Father has brought a knight in the first place. In fact, with my younger sister now in the picture, the need for an escort has increased even more.

However, the problem lies in the fact that Adelia is the one who became the knight. Who was Adelia?

She is not only a hidden member of the royal family of Ters, but also an extraordinary talent who has completed everything from the military academy to the position of a martial arts instructor. With her capabilities, she could aim not only to become a knight in our family, but even to join the Royal Guard.

Such a talent being assigned as a knight to a rural territory that was just beginning to develop externally is questionable, to say the least.

I couldn't help but have doubts.

"Adelia."

"Yes, yes! Madam."

"Don't be too nervous. Haven't you seen each other at the exhibition? Feel free to call me 'Mother'."

"W-wouldn't it be appropriate for me, who will become a knight, to use such a casual title?"

In a room prepared for guests to stay, not a reception room, Adelia was sitting across from her, and clapped her hands in great astonishment at her mother's suggestion.

Her face showed a truly surprised expression, and her eyes widened as she fidgeted. It was a sight I had never seen before.

Meanwhile, my father sitting next to mother asked her a question in his characteristic solemn voice.

"I heard from Nicole. You performed the assistant duties together at the Halo Academy, right?"

"Yes, yes!"

Adelia answered with a tense posture. I could clearly see her reactions one by one, sitting right next to her.

First, her hands on her thighs clenched and relaxed repeatedly. Her legs were also trembling, clearly showing signs of nervousness.

Even Cecily, who was with us yesterday, didn't show such a reaction. I wanted to hold her hand to calm her down, but it was difficult to do so given the atmosphere.

"Don't be too nervous. We'll only feel awkward if you do."

"Ah! I-I'm sorry..."

"No need to apologize. Anyway, why would someone like you, with your skills, come to a rural domain like ours?"