Chapter 187: 2nd Grade (1)

As all the events were resolved, time flowed rapidly as before, without any incidents. However, due to Arwen's statement about the 'person whom he promised the future to,' it got a little noisy. The 'person whom he promised the future to' referred to Xenon's fiancé, meaning someone in their twenties. Some pointed to Arwen, however this was soon buried quietly.

If Arwen were human, it might have been different, but she was an elf of the long-lived kind, a race that considered a few decades as merely a "brief" time. Furthermore, she had added an additional explanation that they had met a long time ago, making it even more difficult to guess my age.

All that was left for me was returning to Helium and enjoying sweet dates with Cecily. Marie also returned to her mansion in preparation for the Academy reopening. In the midst of this, Cecily suggested once again that Marie could accompany us to Helium, but she declined firmly, saying she would go after receiving a formal invitation later. Though she was ambitious, she was being subtly considerate.

And so, in the remaining time, while enjoying precious dates with Cecily in Helium and working on writing the next volume, the day before the Academy's reopening finally arrived.

Cecily suggested we meet at the Academy and returned me to the mansion, leaving me with a final kiss to express her affection.

Before heading to the Academy, she offered to teleport me there, but I declined out of politeness. This time, I planned to go to the Academy with Adelia.

"How is it? Is it okay?"

And back to the present. I was facing Adelia, who would soon become a guardian knight. She wore leather pants that showcased the graceful lines honed through training, along with a white shirt and a vest on top.

The sleeve of the shirt was also slightly lifted, giving off the image of a free-spirited adventurer. It was a stark contrast compared to the random things she used to wear during her days as a teaching assistant.

"Yeah. It looks really good on you. Your figure is great, so anything you wear would suit you well."

"Really? Thanks for the compliment. And it's not like my figure is that great."

Adelia gained confidence from my praise, placing her hand lightly on her waist and showing off. I couldn't help but smile at her confident demeanor, which I had seen many times before.

From now on, she would be acting as my escort knight, so she needed to dress neatly like this. Iron armor was uncomfortable, and it couldn't be used within the academy.

However, the genuine sword could be used, but unless my life was in danger, there wasn't much reason to use it.

"You know how to operate within the academy, right?"

"Of course. Apart from classes, I always have to be by your side. If the lord doesn't want it, I can go separately, but I need the lord's permission for that. Otherwise, I have to stay in the escort knight's exclusive residence."

"You know well."

"I've been in the academy longer than you have. So, it's not that difficult."

Escort knights are not mandatory, and if nobles wish, they can bring them along. Looking at the fact that Rina and Marie don't have escort knights, it's clear that it's a choice.

The academy is known for its much better security than other regions, and up to the second year, it's mainly about studying like crazy. There's almost no worry about getting in danger.

Because of this, the number of people accompanied by escort knights was relatively small. Still, it's not entirely absent; it'll just attract some attention and end there.