Chapter 10: Cecily (1)

The hours flew by. Most of the first classes, such as orientation, taught simply what I needed to know, so I had a lot of free time in between.

As a result, when 'Economics,' the final lesson of the first week, ended, I sat still while the other students left. Because there was a lot to consider.

'Crazy. 'All the flaws of high school.'

This was not the way to go to the next semester after attending lectures for three months and then going on a three-month-long vacation like in my previous life. I have to attend classes for 4-5 months, with only two to one month off.

In addition, the number of majors is 18 in total, and the maximum score for each is 100 points, where a minimum of 900 points must be scored to avoid being penalized. If you have a total score of 1200 or higher, you can get a scholarship, but it is virtually impossible.

It is difficult to get 100 points in one subject right now, but 1200 points is an area that is impossible for me.

'For now, philosophy, humanities, biology, history, and theology are mandatory, but the rest is a problem. I thought it was liberal arts, but why is there math?'

I grumbled in my heart, but mathematics was critical in this world. It's nothing else, and since it has a close relationship with magic, mathematics naturally developed.

Why, in certain classic fantasy novels, mathematical formulas are utilized to calculate magic. It is a cliché in which the main character is transformed into a magical genius by retaining the formulas acquired in middle and high school.

But it is also useful here. Instead, it's not the math I learned in school like a novel. When you create new magic, you logically write the number about it to make it easier to use.

'Magic is math and physics. What a terrible mix.'

No wonder the books related to magic were very difficult. It contained words used by mathematicians and physicists, so it is impossible for me, a liberal arts student, to understand.

Moreover, since the energy called 'mana' is realized here as a fireball or a block of ice, mathematics, and physics are bound to advance like crazy. Therefore, it is convenient to think of a wizard as a being equipped with a computer in his head.

It can be said that geniuses like Newton and Einstein from previous lives are scattered here all over the place.

For this reason, I gave up math neatly. It's a major that only real geniuses can learn.

I thought about learning math once because of my experience as a child in my previous life, but I gave up my mind as soon as I took the first class.

"....aac?"

"... ..."

"Mr. Isaac?"

"Huh?"

While I was writing my future plans in a notebook, someone called me. A charming voice tickled my ears.

I turned my head to see who was calling my name and was a little surprised.

Cecily, the Princess of Helium, was looking at me, her blood-red eyes flashing.

"...Ms. Cecily?"

"I'm sorry if I broke your focus. Isaac is the only one in the classroom right now."

"Ah."

I listened to her and looked around. Like she said, the classroom was empty with no one in it.

Because of my concentration, I didn't seem to notice at all when everyone left.