Chapter 182: Big Fish (1)

The most important body part for a novelist is undoubtedly their 'hands.' Even if their legs or back hurt, as long as they have their hands, they can write, even if they have to lie down. Even if their eyesight deteriorates, as long as it's not complete blindness, writing is still possible. However, if their hands are injured or disabled, writing becomes a challenge not only for their literary work but also for their daily life. While it's possible to write with the other hand, it takes much longer and feels awkward.

As a result, when readers learn that a writer's hands are injured, they express sympathy and wish for a speedy recovery, as injuring the hands is a significant loss for a writer. This is because both the writer and readers suffer from such a situation.

Currently, the author of Xenon's Biography, Xenon (Isaac), was facing a similar situation. Especially since Xenon has gained fame worldwide rather than in a specific country, countless readers have expressed their concern for his safety. If anything were to happen to him, the release of Xenon's Biography could be delayed indefinitely, and it's uncertain when the next installment would come out.

Moreover, while it typically takes around 1 to 2 months to publish a single book, Xenon's Biography has been released much more frequently, to the point where it might seem excessive. The publishing frequency was notably fast.

Furthermore, there have been mentions from the publishing company about bloodstains on the manuscripts, which has heightened concerns about his well-being. Currently, since new installments have been coming out consistently, there haven't been significant problems, but...

["Xenon's Biography" author, Xenon. Attacked by villains, he suffered a severe injury to his right hand...]

[Fortunately, his life is not in danger as the perpetrators have retreated. However, Xenon's Biography...]

[An involuntary forced hiatus, and his right hand is injured...]

The news of Xenon being attacked by someone and injuring his right hand shocked readers beyond belief. It's not just any body part, but his right hand, of all things. What's more, it's not just a minor injury; his fingers were severely deformed, reaching an extremely critical state.

The publisher, at first, didn't believe it, as it was from a ghostwriter, but upon seeing the crooked handwritten signature, they accepted it as the truth. For a novelist, their hands, which are practically their greatest asset, being injured to that extent could potentially lead to a worst-case scenario of an 'indefinite hiatus.'

[Readers' anger because of Xenon's Biography. They gather in front of the publisher, demanding explanations.]

[Key figures from various countries are also striving to find the culprit. However, searching for the culprit is virtually impossible when they don't even know Xenon's true identity.]

[The Holy Kingdom Xavier. Offering significant tributes, they asked Lumineus for divine punishment. However, the response they received was, 'Wait. Time will resolve it.']

[Where will the blade stained with anger be directed?]

Readers were furious. Xenon didn't just have an accident; they were attacked by the culprit and injured their right hand. While the security in the capital might be sufficient, the outskirts of this world are far from ideal.

There are areas where bands of bandites frequently emerge to plunder, and even in the capital, it's not entirely safe at night. Occasionally, news of someone being attacked by a mugger and severely injured or killed can be heard, making Xenon no different. Especially at night, the rogues out and about are mostly on a mission to attack.

There's no guarantee that Xenon wouldn't accidentally become a target, and given that they've suffered a serious injury to their right hand, readers' anger began to swell to an immeasurable extent.