Chapter 98: Strange Relationship (4)

As Cecily asked with a bright smile, a shiver rose from my right arm and spread throughout my body like a chill. The blood flowing in my body cooled down, giving me the sensation of being frozen stiff. I almost couldn't even move my mouth, but I forced myself to shake off the feeling and turned my head towards where I suspected the source of the chill to be coming from

Where Arwen was.

However, Arwen looked greatly taken aback as soon as she met Cecily. From her expression and reaction alone, it was clear that she couldn't have been the one responsible for this chill. Neither could Cecily, who was still smiling.

'Who could it be...?'

Could this feeling be just a figment of my imagination? As I hugged myself, feeling goosebumps rise on my skin, I suddenly remembered something odd.

Cecily had referred to the person she met as "these people," not "this person," when speaking to Arwen. But there was no one else but Arwen beside her.

Could there be a bodyguard like Gartz, who hid his body and followed Cecily around, protecting her from unseen threats? As Cecily was expected to be the next demon king, she must have had the ability to see things that others couldn't.

Alternating her gaze between Arwen and Cecily, I fixed my gaze on Cecily's smiling face and slowly spoke, pretending not to know anything.

"...What are you talking about, sis? Arwen is alone, isn't she?"

"Huh. Is that so?"

Pretending not to know, Cecily let out a sly chuckle and shifted her gaze to Arwen, crossed her arms to show her interest. With the dress already accentuating her chest, the gesture made it even more prominent. I struggled to lift my gaze away from her constant downward glances.

In the meantime, Cecily glanced at Arwen with a smirk before flashing a dangerously beautiful smile.

"Sorry, I must have seen something wrong. You don't have to pay attention to what I said earlier."

"...Okay."

"So, who is this person? Judging by the pure aura, she seems to be an elf."

Cecily turned back to me and asked about Arwen's identity. I glanced at Arwen.

Her face was difficult to read as her robe was pressed deeply against her skin, but her lips were slightly pursed.

Arwen had just met Cecily for the first time today, yet she had already noticed that she was an elf. There was nothing in particular for me to answer.

"She's just someone I coincidentally met at the bookstore. She helped me while I was choosing a book."

"Is that all?"

"I also bought some delicious things and watched the exhibition. You see the strawberry candy here?"

As I mentioned the strawberry candy, Cecily looked towards Arwen's hand. In it, Arwen held a half-eaten strawberry candy.

Continuing on, Cecily expressed her dissatisfaction to me in a slightly disappointed voice.

"You didn't buy it for me, but for someone you met for the first time today."

"...I'm sorry. Can I buy it for you now?"

"No, it's okay."

Cecily replied briefly and approached us slowly. As she got closer, I could feel a cold energy emanating from my right side more and more strongly.

I turned my head to check on Arwen, but she had a calm expression on her face. I wasn't sure if I was being too sensitive or if it was just my imagination.