Chapter 54: Confession (1)

The resolution was made, and the next day dawned. There was no major exam to take today, only assignments to submit, so there was plenty of time to talk with friends.

Originally, I had wished for nothing to happen, but after experiencing various incidents, I changed my mindset. Instead of wishing for nothing to happen, I decided to improve my ability to cope with any situation that may arise.

I decided to rely on my own abilities rather than my family. With this mindset, I couldn't help but feel tense.

Anyway, asking Cecily about what happened yesterday is a priority. What was her intention in tempting me like that, without me providing any proper evidence? Her behavior was so surprising that it left me not only confused but also baffled.

'And...'

After a long period of consideration, I could also change my decision regarding how to treat Marie. If I truly care for her, I should ensure that she doesn't suffer from the revelation of my secret later on.

At the very least, I should prevent any harm coming to the girl who likes me because of my indecisiveness. Although Marie is unaware that I am the author of Xenon's Biography, unlike others, if I make a mistake, she may feel betrayed.

She might think that I find someone else is more trustworthy than her. 'Why couldn't I have told her the secret?', like that.

This is a relationship that was built with great effort due to an accidental encounter, and I am worried that it will crumble at once due to my careless judgment. Moreover, Marie is quite perceptive, so she might have already sensed something.

Most of all, I hurt her once yesterday. Even I would feel heartbroken if I saw a girl I liked alone with another guy.

'Let's just focus on the class for now.'

I made up my mind again and walked to the classroom. The first class is Philosophy, and Marie, Cecily, and Rina are all taking the class together.

Although Rina might not know, Marie and Cecily definitely had a conversation yesterday, just the two of them, so there must have been some big changes. I was unsure if I could handle the situation wisely, but now I have to trust myself.

Otherwise, there is a high possibility that such situations will repeat themselves, and the situation will become more complicated, making it difficult not only for me but also for others.

As I made this determination inwardly, I almost arrived at the classroom.

"Oh."

"Huh?"

Coincidentally, I met Cecily in front of the classroom door. Cecily also seemed surprised, her eyes widening as if she didn't expect to meet me.

As I was struggling to speak in this unexpected situation, Cecily smiled softly and greeted me in a gentle tone.

"Hello. Good morning."

"Uh... Yes. Good morning."

"Hehe."

Cecily giggled as I awkwardly greeted her. Suddenly, I remembered yesterday's incident and felt embarrassed for no reason when I saw her smile.

As I blushed slightly and touched the back of my neck, Cecily looked at me intently and then quietly spoke.

"I'm really sorry about what happened yesterday."

"Huh?"

"I shouldn't have done that to you... It was my fault. I apologize again.

I couldn't hide my surprise at the sudden apology and formal language. What kind of change in attitude could have caused Cecily to act like this?

But the problem didn't end there.