Chapter 95: Strange Relationship (1)

As time passed, Adelia was able to calm down to some extent and regain her composure. However, perhaps due to the extent of her crying, she occasionally hiccuped and sobbed.

It seemed that she was shocked to the core, as she hurriedly drank water from a nearby fountain, but there was no sign of improvement. Furthermore, her eyes were severely swollen and her nose was as red as a strawberry.

Not only was she unable to enjoy the exhibition, but if she were to encounter the Tersian royalty again, it could become even more serious.

"It's better to rest at the mansion until evening."

"Are you sure it's okay? There are still many works of art that we haven't seen yet."

"It's a little disappointing, but the highlights don't start until evening anyway. We'll just have to rest and calm our minds until then. If we continue like this, we don't know what will happen."

In the end, Adelia returned to the mansion. Even though I offered to stay by her side, she refused.

She didn't want to cause any trouble for me and thought she might interfere with my enjoyment of the exhibition. Although it was regrettable, her explanation was convincing, so I had no choice but to take her back to the mansion.

On the way back, I couldn't help but worry that we might run into the Tersian royalty again. Adelia seemed to share my concerns and was constantly looking around.

'Should I just write it in a book?'

My fondness for the Tersian royal family was on the verge of collapse. Even if they were bastards, treating someone with such contempt was never right.

Even if they didn't recognize her as their own child, they should never subject her to emotional abuse. Honestly, it was a miracle that Adelia had grown up so well.

I wanted to include a story about a bastard child in Xenon's Biography, but the story lacks plausibility and there is a high risk of it being discovered by the Tersian royalty. As the relationship between Adelia and the Tersian royalty is kept secret, the list of suspects is narrowed down significantly.

Therefore, it would be wise to patiently wait for an opportunity, even though it is disappointing. If I take the initiative too quickly due to my impatience, it could lead to danger. So, we hurried towards the mansion with a sense of unease in our hearts. Thankfully, we did not encounter the Tersian royalty on the way.

"Adelia!"

"Huh?"

We soon arrived at the mansion and found Nicole standing in front of the gate. Adelia's expression changed slightly when she saw Nicole.

Come to think of it, didn't she get lost while traveling with Nicole? While I was thinking about that, Nicole came closer and began scolding Adelia.

"Where were you?! I looked for you for so long... What? Why are your eyes like that?"

"There was a situation."

Nicole checked Adelia's swollen eyes and expressed her doubts when Adelia, who had a complex situation she could not speak of, mumbled.

When Nicole realized that Adelia was hesitant to speak, she turned her gaze towards me as if to ask if I could explain instead. However, I couldn't say anything either, so I just shrugged my shoulders. Nicole also had no choice but to move on when I stumbled over my words.

"Well, there must be a situation. But do you know how long I've been searching for you?... Apologize if you know you should. Isaac happened to come back with me to the mansion just in case. Let's go now."