Chapter 43: Crisis (2)

After reading the letter my father had sent me, I couldn't help but space out for a moment. It was definitely from my father, as I could tell from his unique short and bold writing style.

However, if you only looked at the content, it didn't contain any spy-like information or anything extraordinary. Because of this, it took me some time to understand, but soon I had no choice but to harden my expression.

'...the tail was stepped on?'

The reason I was able to submit my manuscript anonymously to the publishing company was because of my father's help. I'm not sure what kind of work my father is involved in, but I can roughly guess that he is using his connections.

Thanks to that, I was able to remain anonymous until the end even when Xenon's biography became a huge hit and everyone looked for me. However, my father said that I was also being searched for in various places, not only by the royalty and nobility, so he emphasized that I shouldn't let my guard down.

And it's only today that it seems its tail has been stepped on. I rubbed my chin and stared at the letter.

'Don't you know who it is?'

The subject was neatly omitted, so I couldn't tell who stepped on the tail. Considering my father's personality, he would have written all the important parts even in a short letter, so the probability of him not knowing who it is, is high.

That's true, the one who stepped on my tail would have probably hired someone to do it, so it would be even stranger if I knew who it was. Anyway, the fact that I need to be careful remains unchanged.

'...I need to be alert for now.'

I don't know who stepped on my tail, and just because my tail was stepped on doesn't mean my identity has been completely exposed. Still, it will be good to follow my father's warning.

To be honest, there's nothing I can do about it. For now, all I can do is to hope that my father can cut off the tail that has been stepped on.

If I become overly self-conscious, it could lead to problems with my writing or make other people suspicious of me. Therefore, it's best to act as usual but maintain my composure.

'But there is only one letter?'

Usually, my parents send letters together, so if my father wrote a letter, there should be one from my mother as well. My father wrote a short letter to convey the news, but my mother must have written a long letter to bury me and check my progress.

And sure enough, as if to prove me right, another letter was neatly tucked inside the torn envelope from earlier.

As I took out the letter and unfolded it neatly, I noticed the beautiful, well-written handwriting. Unlike my father's, my mother's letters were characterized by a delicate style.

[Isaac, it seems that your father only wrote what he needed to say without asking about your well-being, so your mother has also sent a letter. After reading your last letter, your mother feels relieved that you seem to be adjusting well to academy life. However, I am worried that you might be struggling with the recent increase in temperature since you tend to be sensitive to the heat. Mother still remembers when you collapsed during training with your father, and that image still lingers in my mind. While I jokingly ask when the next book will be released, I always emphasize the importance of your health. Your academy life may be busy, but please remember to take care of your health...]

As I read the sentences filling up the A4-sized paper, my heart automatically warmed up. Whether in this life or the past, it's clear that mothers are angelic beings who think only of their children.