Chapter 127: Hidden Sincerity (1)

I have decided to seek advice from Cecily, but my investigation did not stop. Over the weekend, I consistently observed Nicole and Adelia's sparring at the public training ground. After the sparring sessions, we planned to have a meal together.

The combat scenes were accurately portrayed according to my imagination, and my father even praised the authenticity. However, it is still better to make them more explicit. It's good to know how they fight.

Especially for humans, unlike other races, the combat abilities vary greatly from individual to individual. Some people, like my father, have records of subduing dragons, while others, like me, are mere civilians.

Furthermore, most humans are civilians, and even the knights affiliated with the military have a wide range of disparities in their abilities. Therefore, in the Xenon Chronicles, balancing is not just a choice but a necessity, and it must have a certain degree of plausibility.

Above all, the most noticeable aspect among humans is what can be referred to as "talent." Having talent is not necessarily required to reach a certain level of skill, but it is essential to achieve a higher realm.

Elves, demons, and beastmen have many innate advantages, but humans do not. Perhaps that's why humans differentiate themselves based on their skills, unlike other races.

There was some discussion about Xenon's talent, but it was just a passing remark. Currently, the most significant concerns are how powerful Xenon is and how formidable the Seven Sins are.

'I wonder if the sky would split apart when they clash their weapons like in that pirate manga.'

While reading books related to the racial war, I immersed myself in my thoughts. The racial war was a massive conflict that erupted between the Elven Union and the Human Alliance, so there are numerous records documenting it.

For example, if a human mage unleashed mass destruction magic towards the elven stronghold, there are descriptions of the earth shaking, and flames raining down from the sky, while the elves were struck by thunder and lightning like pouring rain.

Anyway, the existence of a mage can be seen as an asymmetric power similar to a missile when considering my past life. Honestly, magic is something that I can describe in any way and move on without any problem.

The biggest issue is melee combat. In other words a fight with cold weapons between skilled individuals. In most historical records, it is recorded who fought against whom, but there is almost no information about the battle itself. As my father said, when powerful individuals clash, it takes days as a minimum, and the surrounding environment becomes chaotic.

Because of this, most of the time is spent waiting until one side overpowers the other, and there are no detailed records. Only the winner knows how the battle unfolded.

As the story progresses, I agonized over the balance issues that became more apparent. Xenon eventually defeats Jin, who absorbs the soul of a great devil, in a one-on-one battle, but the journey until then is far from easy.

How can I establish a balance that will be convincing to the readers? Since it's a growth story, it was extremely difficult.

'First of all, among the Seven Deadly Sins... APride and Gluttony should naturally be the strongest.'

A fallen elf is Pride, while Gluttony is Jin's father, who is also a demon. These two pose the greatest threat to Xenon and his companions. Until then, they will defeat the Seven Deadly Sins one by one.

By the way, the first of the Seven Deadly Sins to die is none other than Wrath.I have already devised all the situations which lead to Wrath's exit, but as I mentioned before, I need advice from a specialist.