Chapter 67: Storm (2)

It is easy to guess why Rina is asking for some time. She must be trying to calm the storm that started raging while on a break from Xenon's Biography.

However, what needs to be considered here is that Rina came to find me directly without using a spokesperson. Last time we met by chance, but this time she could have sent someone to call me separately.

In other words, the situation is serious enough for Rina to come and find me quickly. I heard from the news and from what people are saying around me that protests are happening all over the empire.

As an empire, they cannot easily overlook such a major incident as the Jayros Revolution that occurred in the neighboring and rival country of Ters. For these reasons, it may be natural for Princess Rina to take a humble posture.

"But do you have to be there?"

"Who knows what you will do to Isaac?"

By the way, it's not just me and Rina, but Marie is also here. Marie followed us because she was worried that Rina might say something strange to me, as mentioned above.

It's no big deal for me, but it is for Rina, who needs to keep her secrets hidden. Marie's stubbornness could be somewhat annoying for Rina.

Of course, this is based on the assumption that Marie does not know my secret. Rina looked at Marie as if she was aware of this, and her usual poker face completely broke down, and she gave a chilly look with furrowed brows. In response, Marie nonchalantly retorted by snickering and lifting one side of her mouth.

"And I know Isaac's secret too? I bet you didn't think only you knew, did you?"

"What? What does that mean..."

Upon hearing Marie's response, Rina looked at me momentarily before alternating her gaze between Marie and me, then finally sealing her lips shut.

It was a response indicating her understanding. She looked ahead and murmured in a low voice.

"...Yes. Since that's the case, maybe I can tell you the secret."

"Yeah, that's right. I didn't pressure you into revealing the secret like someone might have done."

"I didn't pressure him...!"

Rina almost yelled in response to Marie's petulant behavior, but she managed to hold herself back. While doing so, she glanced at me briefly.

It seemed like she was touched by Marie's behavior, as she must have experienced the same thing before. The gap caused by the difference in rank was enormous, and if it was a royalty, it increased exponentially.

Furthermore, Rina must have known this fact since she entered politics at an early age. In fact, she used this gap to pressure me and Nicole, and during the group project, she treated Jackson like a slave.

Unless Rina was empty-headed or really stupid, she would have known that she could make her opponent feel pressured just by her presence alone.

And Rina must have thought that I took a break because I couldn't bear that pressure. The real reason was that I needed time to recharge my energy for my studies as well.

However, the pressure was not an unfounded reason. If Rina and Leort had not pressured me, I might have continued writing like this.

"First, let's go to the cafe. I want to resolve it as quickly as possible."

Rina urged us with a tired voice. Marie decided not to tease her anymore and didn't say anything.

Feeling like the situation was already a mess, I looked at Rina, but when our eyes met, Marie smirked and linked arms with me. She slyly pulled me towards her chest, and even though I could feel the softness through her uniform, I just smiled.