Chapter 25: Human (4)

Leona grabbed my collar and dragged me away and I couldn't even resist. When I tried to say something, she growled like an animal, and even when I tried to escape using all my strength, I couldn't move. Instead, she held on to me more strongly and restrained me against any attempt to rebel.

The longer this went on and the more I continued to resist, the more it felt like my clothes were going to rip off, so I gave up halfway and let her drag me along wherever. Maybe I was lucky, but there was no one passing by in the hallway to see us.

Then, rather abruptly—

Leona stopped when we finally reached the entrance to a deserted building. At the same time, I felt the grip on my collar slowly loosen. I took a couple of careful steps back and adjusted my clothes as she let go of me. The whole area around my collar had become wrinkled from how insanely strong she was.

"... Hey."

I had been adjusting my clothes for a while when Leona called out to me in a low voice. It was a tone full of threats, not the hard tone I heard in every lecture so far. At that, I couldn't help but pause and look at her.

Then, as she raised her stiffened head to glare at me, I faced her beast-like golden eyes. Earlier, she had blue eyes, but now they were the same as mine.

Leona spoke with conviction as soon as she was face to face with me. "...Did you see?"

"......"

"Otherwise, you wouldn't have done that, right? Be honest. Did you see it?"

Is there any reason to deny it? I did it to confirm that she was a beastman from the beginning. But the beast-like pressure from Leona was no joke.

"Look, I saw it, okay? Something was sticking out of your head..." I managed to speak, barely calming my trembling heart. But I couldn't help the slight trembling in my voice.

"......"

"...So, are those really ears?" I was curious, naturally. Leona raised the corners of her mouth at my cautious question.

Instead of words, she responded with actions,

Perkkk-

Leona's triangular ears perked up from her reddish-brown hair. They were not human ears, but animal ears. As expected, Leona was not human but a beastman, beastkin, whatever. 'So the reason you are wearing pants is to hide your tail?' I was thinking of a plausible hypothesis in my head.

Leona hid the ears that had risen above her head again and replied cynically, "Are your questions answered now? Or what? Do you want me to show you my tail too?"

"Uh... no. It's fine."

Again, it's a tone I'm not used to. The Leona I'd seen so far was normally a blunt, emotionless student, but now she's just a... delinquent student (ie. a bully), I guess. I even felt a sense of disparity as her tone of voice changed 180 degrees, even to the impression that it had become quite harsh and snarly in tone.

"Whoo..."

Leona, as if her feelings had become complicated, shook her head roughly and let out a deep sigh. I waited quietly for Leona to organize her thoughts and calm down. She must have hidden her identity because she had her own circumstances, but now that I found out her secret, things must have become twisted for her. If I knew this would happen, I would have just pretended not to notice and moved on, but instead, I let her know what I saw out of curiosity.

The girl started murmuring, "What should I do? It's too dangerous to get rid of aristocrat rats and birds without anyone knowing... Should I just threaten you? Ah, this is crazy..."