Chapter 138: In Alvenheim (3)

Despite a storm passing by, Cecily managed to go through the immigration process somehow. Due to the official's stubborn refusal, Me, Marie, and Rina had to start from the very beginning. However, Keir followed the proper procedures and even had an approval letter directly from Arwen. Even if the official behaved like an idiot and caused trouble, with just this document, it was as good as having a fast pass.

"I won't publicize this matter, but I will file a complaint to the queen. Since there will be a national speech and we handled the situation well, I'll endure it a bit."

"It doesn't matter. It's our fault, so we have to accept it sternly. I guess it's also a good opportunity to get rid of that guy.".

"What will happen if you fire him?"

Cecily pointed to the back where Keir was writing several documents and asked the question. In the direction she pointed, the unconscious official was being carried away by other elves.

Although it was just a kick, it was strong enough to slam him against the wall, so it seems even the toughest elf couldn't avoid fainting.

Keir looked at Cecily's indicated direction and replied in a calm voice.

"Princess, I'm not sure if you are aware of our customs, but elves typically dedicate their entire lives to their professions. Unless their thoughts change or there are unavoidable circumstances, they do not step down from their positions. However, if they commit a grave mistake and are driven out, it becomes a significant issue in various ways. Not only are they unable to work in related occupations, but in the worst case, they may even receive the punishment of ear-cutting."

"Ear-cutting punishment... It must be the most severe penalty for an elf. What about that person, then?"

"Since he insulted a princess from another country, at the very least, one of his ears will be cut off."

As mentioned before, an elf's ears are a body part that should never be damaged. Therefore, ear-cutting punishment is one of the dreadful penalties for an elf. An elf with severed ears will not be treated as an equal among other elves, but will likely face a lifetime of contempt and disdain. While the dark elves might not care much since they willingly cut their own ears, for the regular elves, it's like advertising themselves as criminals.

The officer would no longer be able to proudly declare themselves as an elf for the rest of their lives. It was a price befitting their arrogance.

"I like that."

"I'm glad you find it satisfactory."

Cecily wore a satisfied expression because she also knew that, thanks to Keir's tactful handling, only Arwen would suffer, and it wouldn't bring disgrace upon the entire Alvenheim.

There was a brief disturbance, but she began listening to Keir's instructions on what to be mindful of, one by one. What was even more surprising was that he showed 'consideration' for Cecily.

No matter if Cecily is the princess of Helium, it seems she is concerned about the difficult situations she may face as a demon.

"So, are you planning to stay for a few days after the speech?"

"After listening to the speech, I plan to return immediately. I guess I have no choice because of the Academy."

"Oh, by the way, you mentioned that you enrolled in the Halo Academy, right?"

"You know it well."

"With so many changes happening in the world, I feel left behind if I don't read the newspaper. Anyway, since you said you will return after the speech, I will issue your permit. As a similar situation could occur again, please keep the Queen's approval with you and here is my approval letter..."