Chapter 152 - Extra 2

On the twenty-eighth day of the second month of the fifteenth year of the Qingyuan reign, during the spring equinox, it rained in the capital.

Midwinter has passed, and the cold ends with the sound of drizzling rain. Spring is full of vitality, riding on the wind through the streets, taking root in treetops, river banks, farmlands and other places, and the new green emerges silently.

This should have been an ordinary day in Cui Muli's life.

As usual, he got up at the end of the yin hour, washed up and had breakfast. He then took a carriage to the palace to teach the young Emperor. Before leaving, he passed by the closed door of the west wing and saw that it was pitch black inside and there was still no movement.

It's still early, she should still be asleep.

He slowed down his pace involuntarily. He stepped onto the winding cobblestone path, and passed through the flower-scented garden. The sky was just beginning to brighten in the morning, and the drizzle was like silk, and the fog was hazy.

Shen Yang held an umbrella to protect Cui Muli as he got into the carriage. There was a heating stove in the carriage, which instantly dispelled the cold.

He took off his dark blue fur collared cloak embroidered with bamboo leaves. He casually took out a notebook, and read the words carefully for a while. Then he suddenly closed the notebook and took out a flawless twisted white jade bracelet from his sleeve.

This was a treasure presented by foreign countries some time ago. He chose it at first sight among countless treasures and asked the little Emperor for this object.

The young Emperor agreed, and asked, "Who does Prime Minister Cui want to give it to?"

Cui Muli smiled but said nothing.

The little Emperor continued, "Zhen heard that Prime Minister Cui has been married to your wife for many years, but your relationship is dull and you have no children. If Prime Minister Cui has a woman you like, you might as well tell zhen and zhen will appoint her as an equal wife — —"

Cui Muli didn't give him a chance to continue speaking. He assigned him twice as much homework as usual, successfully straightening out his crooked mind.

Children speak without restraint.

Cui Muli thought calmly: There is no need for others to interfere in the affairs between him and his wife.

He returned his gaze to the jade bracelet, stroking it for a long time, and then put it back into his sleeve.

It's not the right time yet.

Given her personality, she would definitely refuse any gift he gives her. It would be better to wait until the sixth month and give it to her as a birthday present.

Half an hour later, he arrived at the imperial study and supervised the little Emperor learning calligraphy, while he himself annotated memorials on the side.

When the little Emperor encountered a difficult problem, he would scratch his forehead and ask him for advice. He would then put aside what he was doing, cite historical examples and present evidence, and analyse the situation slowly to help the little Emperor solve his doubts.

The young Emperor sighed: "Prime Minister Cui is a man of great learning, well-versed in history and modern times. No wonder he was able to pass the imperial examination and become the top scholar at the age of seventeen."

Cui Muli's thoughts drifted: That was the fourth year of Qingyuan, eleven years ago. At that time, his wife was still a distant cousin who lived in Cui Mansion. After learning that he had passed the imperial examination, she happily sent him a sachet, which he casually threw into the storeroom.