McCoy

"Don't worry, Y/N." Your boyfriend Leonard insisted. Today was the day he would be meeting your family. Your dad was really tough, but settled down when he found out Leonard was a doctor.

"My dad has hated any and all boys that come in contact with me." You mumble, fussing with your jacket zipper.

"Calm down, it'll be fine." Leonard said, taking you shaking hands. "I'll make sure he likes me."

"He won't." You insist, holding his hand tight from nervousness.

"Okay, one, you're hurting my hand really bad, please lighten your grip." Leonard asked calmly, his face pained a little. "Two, it'll be okay."

You loosened your grip on his hand and sighed. "Okay. Okay." You mutter.

You and Leonard were at your house about fifteen minutes later. You were getting more and more nervous. Your dad was protective of you because you were an only child. He had no one else to worry about.

You walked into the house, trying to look happy. "Y/N!" Your dad exclaimed, pulling you into a hug. He looked over at Leonard and his face turned stern.

"Hello sir." Leonard said, nodding his head and smiling. Your dad held his hand out, Leonard shook it.

"Your grips a bit loose and you don't move your hand to much, but that's not the worst thing about you that I've dug up so far." Your dad criticized before leading the two of you to the kitchen wear your mom was.

"Hello!" She said, cheery. She pulled you into a hug and smiled and nodded at Leonard. "I apologize in advance for my husband." She muttered quickly before going back to work on dinner. You started helping, making Leonard do things as well.

"Do you want to stay in the kitchen with the women, or have a beer with me?" Your dad asked, holding up two beers.

"Wherever I'm most needed, I'll be." Leonard mumbled looking over at you and your mother. Both of you motioned for him to join your dad.

"Smart choice." He grumbled opening the beer bottles. "So your a doctor in StarFleet?"

"Yes sir. One of the chief medical officers. Not quite that high, but very close." Leonard answered, taking a sip of beer.

"Very good. Any interest in working in space?" Your father continued asking. It always started like this, questions about work before the really embarrassing and weird ones.

"I'd prefer not to, but with StarFleet I'll have to." Leonard answered. You could tell he had figured out your dads came and was nervous for the other questions.

"Any kids Leonard?" Your dad asked. There were the weird ones.

"I have a daughter from a previous marriage." Leonard answered, looking more and more nervous.

"What's her name? How long were you married?" Your dad asked, suddenly intrigued.

"I was married for a year. My daughter is three. Her name is Joanna." Leonard said, sounding as confident as he could.

"Any interest in making my daughter pregnant before marriage?" Your dad said, his voice getting a little stern. You dropped the fruit you were cutting in shock, Leonard's jaw dropped.

"Uh, no plan in that sir." Leonard answered, looking horrified.

"There's never a plan. Don't do it. Because I will find you and I will kill you. Got it?!" Your dad almost yelled.

"Message received. No getting her pregnant before marriage." Leonard answered, wide eyed. He slowly backed away and took another sip of beer.

"Good. Good. Fear me. Fear is good." You dad muttered, finishing the beer he was drinking.

"Yes sir." Leonard mumbled, barely audible.

"Dinner!" Your mother yelled, trying to break the tension.

Everyone ate in silence. It was only broken when your father would ask Leonard a weird question that would make everyone uncomfortable.

Later that night when you two were leaving, you were already in the car when your dad talked to Leonard. "Remember, no getting her pregnant before marriage. I don't want you two even doing it, but I know you will so be careful. You respect her and I'll respect you. From what I've seen you're a good guy, keep it that way."

"Agreed sir." Leonard said, holding his hand out. Your dad shook it before walking back into the house and slamming the door.

"Meant to break up with me?" You ask Leonard when the two of you were at his room.

"No, why would I want to do that?" He asked, sitting in the couch next to you.

"Because of my dad." You answer.

"I'm not worried about your dad." Leonard said, kissing your cheek. "I'm not worried about him at all."

"You sure?" You ask, genuinely surprised.

"I'm sure." He answered, kissing your lips.