Sulu

**Requested by @RosesWithSteelThorns. Hope you like it! Sorry I shortened it and changed it a little**

Your brother, Jim Kirk, was dead. He had climbed into the core of the ship, surrounded by extremely radioactive gasses. The gas won. Jim died.

You knew how he would like it, his ceremony that is. It wouldn't be big. Despite being the captain of a ship, he would never want a big celebration for his death.

"Are you okay?" Your boyfriend, Hikaru Sulu asked. It had been three days since Jim had died, you hadn't seen Hikaru yet.

"No. I don't think so. Where were you?" You reply with a question, unable to stop thinking about your brother.

"I'm sorry I didn't see you earlier. I wanted to let you have your space. I knew right away you'd shut me out and ignore everything I say, so I decided to wait. Just know I always care..." Hikaru said, taking your hands in his and entwining your fingers together.

"Thank you..." You mumble, collapsing into Hikaru's arms and sobbing. He held you close, his hands soothingly rubbing your back as you broke down in his arms.

"Shhhhh. Shhhhh." Hikaru whispered, gently rocking back and forth with you still in his arms.

"He's gone. My brother is gone." You mutter, finally accepting what has happened.

"Y/N, McCoy talked to me this morning. He saved Jim. He wanted me to tell you, said it may seem better coming from your boyfriend. But Jim is alive. He's in bad shape, but he's stable and doing well for being dead for a while. It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing. He's expected to make a full recovery. He's okay, Y/N. Jim's okay." Hikaru told you, causing your heart to drop; in a good way of course. It was perfect news, better than perfect, indescribable. Yet, it was overwhelming due to the emotion you felt at it.

"Serious- serio- seriously?" You stammer out, gripping Hikaru's shoulders. The cloth of his right gray uniform wrinkled from your grip, but you were too distracted.

"Yes. He's alive and well. Well, as well as he could possibly be." Hikaru added to the end, awkwardly looking away.

"But he's alive?" You ask, your eyes filling with hope and happiness that your brother could be alive.

"He's alive. McCoy said you can visit him tomorrow. I'll go with if you'd like." He offered, shrugging. Hikaru always seemed to be awkward around you despite you two dating for quite a while. It was really adorable in your opinion.

"Thank you. Thank you!" You exclaim, pulling Hikaru into a long kiss. You were way over whelmed and needed someway to express the happy emotion, why not kiss the man you love?

The next day, you went to visit Jim. He was pale, small, and fragile in appearance as he lay on the hospital bed. Monitors and tubes surrounded him, he looked like something out of an old medical textbook.

You and Hikaru sat by him everyday, cuddling in a chair. You watched and greeted visitors, as well as nurses and doctors. People you had never seen but apparently Jim knew well had visited him.

Some people were hard to talk to, but having Hikaru there every step of the way helped exponentially.