Scotty

You ran threw the halls of the Enterprise, racing to engineering. You needed to fix the ship, it was a crucial thing. Your crush, Scotty, worked in engineering. He had called you down to help him figure out how to save the ship from crashing.

The two of you figured it out, but it wasn't good. Someone needed to go into a high radiation chamber and fix it, but no one knew who. "I'll go." You volunteer, swallowing a lump in your throat.

Jim Kirk, Pavel Chekov, and Scotty all shook their heads. "Y/N, I don't think that's a good idea. I'll go." Kirk said, puffing up his chest.

"No, you're too important. You're the captain, the crew needs you." You insist, stepping closer to the chamber.

"I can't have your death in my conscious." Kirk said, grabbing your hand.

"I'm sorry. All of you have huge important jobs. I'm much more easily replaceable." You say, opening the door. There wasn't radiation yet, but there would be soon. 

"You're not replaceable. I don't want to let you go." Scotty chimed in, be grabbing your other hand. You smiled at the two of them, as well as Chekov, who was silent.

"I'm sorry. I'll miss you guys." You say, jumping in and closing the door. You locked it and disabled the mechanism so they couldn't open it.

"Y/N, wait one minute. I've liked you for a long time, if you live, will you go out with me? You have no idea how hard it is to watch you walk away." Scotty said, pressing his hands to the glass. His voice was muffled, but you understood.

"I like you too, Scotty. I'll take you up on that date. See you later." You say, pressing your hands by his on the glass before leaving. A tear rolled down your face, but you wiped it away and kept walking.

You returned back to the door where you entered. Scotty and Kirk were still there, Scotty right next to the door, Jim in the back of the room. "Scotty." You croak as loud as you could, looking at him.

"Y/N." He alerted, concerned.

"Can you get me out?" You ask, your voice hurting you.

Scotty slowly nodded his head, looking down straight at you. Tears welled in his eyes. "We can't get the radiation out in time to save you. I'm sorry."

You burst into tears, but you were too weak to really cry. "I'm so scared Scotty." You mumble, staring into  his eyes. Kirk had joined Scotty at the door, sadness on his face.

"I know you are, I'm sorry." Scotty said, crying even more. Kirk started crying too, looking straight into your eyes.

"Thank you, both of you." You mutter, slowly losing consciousness.

"I'm so sorry. Both of us are." Kirk said, smiling lightly to make you feel better. It worked a little.

"I still like you." Scotty said, smiling a little too. You slowly smiled a little, before all muscles were lost. You faded into blackness and that was it.

Slowly, you woke up. A man was by your side in an instant, tears forming in his eyes, laughter in his voice. "Thank god!" He yelled with a Scottish accent. It was Scotty.

"Scotty?" You ask, your throat very dry.

"Y/N, I'm so glad you're alive." He sighed, still laughing.

"You still owe me that date." You mumble, smiling.

"Yes I do, and it will be the best date you've ever been on." Scotty insisted, holding your hands. Man was he glad you were alive.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Requested by fandomly__obsessed
Hope you liked it!