Spock

"Y/N, I didn't think this is right." Your husband Spock said. He was holding your two month old son, Samuel, in his arms on the couch. You were packing your bag for an away mission, saying goodbye to Spock and Samuel before leaving since you'd be gone for a couple days.

"Spock, he's a baby. That's very normal." You say, trying reassure him. Samuel was making normal baby noises with his mouth, just little screams and such.

"But why does he do it? I know it's because he's developing skills so he can talk later on, but he doesn't have to now." Spock said, rocking Samuel in an attempt to calm him and get him to stop making the noises.

"Because he's a baby and doesn't care." You answer, zipping up the bag before sitting by them on the couch.

"But what if something happens while he's making the noises? Like he hurts his throat." Spock said, carefully handing you Samuel. The little baby had Spock's ears and eyes. Such a mini little Spock.

"Are you just trying to make excuses to get me to stay?" You ask, kissing his cheek. Spock sighed and looked at the wall, unable to answer your question. "Spock?"

"I've never been left alone to take care of a young baby before. Even though the baby is mine, I'm still nervous. That actually makes me more nervous." Spock admitted, giving his finger to Samuel to play with. Samuel instantly put it in his mouth and chewed on it, giggling.

"You'll do fine, you're his father. You know the facts and that's enough." You console, rubbing his shoulder with your arm that wasn't holding the baby.

"But what if I screw up?" Spock asked again, still nervous.

"Just go to McCoy, he'll help. I have to leave now." You say, kissing him quickly before getting your bag and leaving. You beamed down to the planet, leaving Spock with Samuel.

Samuel continued to make noises and chew on Spock's finger. Spock rocked him, trying his very best to not make Samuel cry. Being a father was new to him, but he was good at it.

~~~~

Requests are open!