Sulu

Fencing. It was a tradition in your small family every since your husband, Hikaru Sulu had introduced it to you. When you two got married and had a daughter, the pair of you decided she should need to know fencing like her parents and her half sister, Demora.

Only at the moment, there was a reason you couldn't fence. You were pregnant and jabbing at people with swords didn't seem safe, even with all the gear on.

"Come on, let's go!" Hikaru yelled, a little two excited for his age. You laughed and rolled your eyes, contemplating whether or not to leave the comfy couch. Being pregnant made you always always tired, even in the early stages. You were only seven weeks along.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." You repeat as your daughter, McKenzie, started to pull you up off the couch. She was four years old and the only person other than a nurse in sickbay to know you were pregnant.

"You need your gear." Hikaru reminded, tossing you a heavy bag of gear. Carrying a bag so heavy made you nervous, but you had to go with it.

You all strolled down to the gym where other fencing supplies were. McKenzie had started to get her protective suit on as well as a shorter sword.

"Daddy?" She asked, looking up at Hikaru, her brown eyes big and soft.

"Yes sweetie?" Hikaru asked her, cleaning his fencing sword with an old cut up piece of his old T-shirt.

"Is it safe for mommy to fence with a baby in her tummy?" She asked, jumping back as there was a clatter of metal to the ground. You froze and looked up at Hikaru, the sword had fallen to the ground.

"Uh..." Hikaru mumbled, still in complete and utter shock. You set the bag of gear down and just pulled him into a hug. He embraced you back, the feeling was amazing to be wrapped in his arms. McKenzie hugged both of your legs and smiled.

"It isn't safe so if you don't mind, I won't be fencing for a while." You say, kissing Hikaru's cheek before sitting down on a bench to watch. Hikaru laughed happily and winked at you, picking up his sword and walking out to fence with McKenzie.

After fencing, your whole small family went out for ice cream and just enjoyed the happiness you had been granted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is dedicated to JustALittleTrekkie just for the reason that you are an amazing friend and help me so much and I always think I hurt you when apparently I don't. So anyway, it's just dedicated to you because you love Sulu and you're my bestie.