Spock

Sitting on a train can be the most boring thing ever. You were sitting on a corner bench by the window, looking over the horizon of the land. The train ran along the coast, the Atlantic Ocean crashing on the cliffs hundreds of yards away and hundreds of yard down. The Sun was setting, lighting the sky in arrays of colors.

A notebook filled with sketches and drawling sat in your lap, a pencil in your hand. The one thing keeping you sane in this boring train was the drawings. It was a hobby of yours and you could do it all day everyday and not get bored.

A man came into the train car you were in and sat beside you. You glanced up to see who the stranger was. He looked tall, dark hair, pointy ears, pale skin, most likely a Vulcan. "Hello." He said, gently moving the notebook down away from your face. You weakly smiled at him and tried to raise the notebook again. You were shy as well.

"Hi." You mumble quietly, carefully setting the notebook down. He looked into your eyes and held your hand lightly.

"Please don't hide beauty behind a notebook. Although, those drawings are wonderful." He told you, picking up the notebook, but stopping for you to nod as he opened it. You did not and he proceeded to look through the drawings. "I'm Spock by the way."

"Y/N." You say, starting to gain confidence around Spock. You continued to stare out the window as he looked through the drawings.

"These are magnificent." Spock complimented, handing you the notebook back.

"Thank you." You mumble, smiling a little. You could barely take your eyes off of the sunset, it was so gorgeous.

"The sunset is amazing, but you are more beautiful." Spock told you, holding both of your hands. He moved your face to look at him. He never smiled, must be the Vulcan nature, but you could tell he was serious.

"Well dang Spock." A voice said from behind him. You and Spock looked up to see a man with blonde hair and light blue eyes walking over.

"Captain, I was busy. Anyway Y/N, would you like to go out sometime?" Spock finished, hopefulness in his eyes. You smile and nod.

"I'd love that Spock. Now, I should get back to the car with my family in it, so I'll see you later. This is my number." You say, writing your number on a drawing. You folded it up and handed it to him.

"Goodbye." Spock said, holding the paper in his hands.

"That's something I drew for an alien species class. Hope you like it." You say, walking away.

Spock opened the piece of paper to see his family drawn on the paper. Before leaving for StarFleet the Vulcan council and his mother insisted on a current picture for documents. His father being a part of the Vulcan high council, Spock had to oblige.

His family was in the paper. Acute attention to detail was shown in his face, along with the faces of his parents. Their names written in Vulcan and English were down the sides, Y/N's number on the bottom.

"Fascinating." Spock mumbled, starting at the drawing. It was probably the best thing he has ever gotten.