Spock

Anything underlined is sign language.

Getting injured was one thing, but becoming a mute from it is another. You had recently been injured badly in an explosion, causing your throat to be severely damaged. Your vocal cords were shredded, so they just removed them. Now you had to talk through a PADD whenever you needed something.

Your older brother, Jim Kirk, did everything he could to make you feel better. He did his best not to talk when he was around you, so you wouldn't feel alone. You may have been adopted into his family, but he loved you a lot.

"Spock?" Jim asked one day as he bumped into him in the halls. He dragged the confused half Vulcan into a observation deck and made sure it was empty.

"Captain, what is it?" Spock asked, wriggling out of Jim's grasp on his arm.

"I need help. As you know, Y/N can't talk anymore, so I need help with learning sign language. And so does she. I understand it's usually used when someone's deaf, but she can't talk." Jim asked, trying to sound pleading.

"Alright." Spock agreed, leaving the room. Jim talked to him on times and such.

That night, you and Jim were sitting on an a holo deck, awaiting Spock. He ended up teaching to the two of you basic phrases such as "can you get me water?" And what your name is.

"Did you learn enough for now, Y/N?" Spock asked, standing up for some water. You nod and smile at Spock. Jim was alerted that he needed to be on the bridge, but Spock would stay with you.

"Thank you." You sign, hoping you got it right.

"It was no trouble. I'm so sorry about what happened." Spock said, getting you some water as well.

You shrug and stare down at the floor. Not being able to talk really sucked. "You'll be okay." Spock comforted, pulling you into a hug. You sobbed on his shoulder, no sound just tears.

"Thank you." You sign again. He nods and pulls you back into a hug. Maybe having Spock as a friend wasn't such a bad idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Requested by @Spellcaster21
Hope it's what you wanted!
Updates are going to really slow down with school starting on Tuesday, but I'll always take requests.