Kirk

*A couple things real quick.
Underlined means sign language.
Requested by Superwholock0799
Hope you enjoy!*

"Hey, I'm Jim Kirk." A man said, walking up to you. At least that's what you thought he said. You couldn't hear him, you were deaf.

You smiled at him, going back to your dinner. "I think you're incredibly beautiful and I'd love to get to know you, would you like to go out with me?"

Once again, you couldn't hear him. You just smiled again, there was nothing else you could really do. "Is it yes or no?" Jim asked, looking closer at you.

You were frozen, you had no idea what to do. You saw your friend, Leonard McCoy, walking over. You jumped up and motioned him to sit with you, maybe it would help.

"Jim, what are you doing?" Leonard asked, sitting down across from you.

"I tried asking her out, she didn't say anything though. Kinda rude." Jim said, standing up to walk away. When he threw away the rest of his food, he glanced back to where you were sitting.

Leonard was using sign language to talk to you, you were using sign language back. Then Jim realized, you were deaf. God, he felt like an idiotic jerk. Sure, you couldn't hear him, but he still felt bad.

Later that day, Jim found Leonard to talk. "Can you try and teach me sign language? I still want to date her." Jim insisted, begging McCoy.

"You really like her and you don't even know her personality." McCoy pointed out, smiling.

"Yes Bones, she seems great. Can you teach me sign language? Please?" Jim begged more.

"Fine." McCoy sighed, setting down anything he had in his hands. "Hello, I'm Jim Kirk."

Jim tried that, it took him a few times to practice. He spent two weeks working on sign language to get it perfect. McCoy was surprised that Jim stuck with it, this had never happened.

Jim walked into a dining room and saw you sitting there, eating your lunch. He sat down beside you and smiled. "Hi, I'm Jim Kirk. I'm sorry about what happened a couple weeks ago." He signed, smiling at you.

"It's alright. You didn't know." You sign back, smiling at him.

"Well, as I asked last time, I think you're incredibly beautiful and I'd love to get to know you. Would you like to go out with me?" He signed, taking your hand when he finished.

You smile and nod. "I can talk a little, it's just hard." You say, unable to hear your own voice.

"Great." Jim said, still smiling. You could read lips pretty well, as long as the words weren't very big. "See you tonight?"

"Gladly."

A few dates later and Jim still loved you. The two of you ended up getting married two years later and had two kids. It didn't seem to matter that you were deaf, Jim loved you anyway.