Chekov

**this is requested by Clieo_Whiteshadow
Sorry if it's not good, I had a really really crappy night and a pretty bad day, but for some weird reason I felt like writing.
I'm sorry this is short, really not feeling good**

"Chekov and Y/N, you two will be working on the engineering assignment." Kirk assigned, handing you and Pavel Chekov a PADD.

You didn't know much about Pavel, just that he was the youngest StarFleet graduate, Russian, and the Cheif Navigator. You were the second youngest StarFleet graduate at the age of eighteen.

"Yes sir." You both say simultaneously. Kirk grinned widely, almost too happy for just assigning to ensigns a job. 

"Good. Now have fun." Kirk said before slapping Pavel's shoulder and walking away.

"Should we get building?" You ask, scrolling through some instructions on your PADD.

"Sure. And sorry about the captain acting weird. He's been acting weird around me lately whenever there is a beautiful women around." Pavel apologized, scrolling through his instructions and nodding. "This shouldn't be too difficult."

"Not at all." You say, smiling a little before starting to work.

"How was working with Y/N, Chekov?" Kirk asked, smiling wide when you and Pavel walked onto the bridge to give him the assignment.

"It was fine Captain." Pavel responded, glancing back at you. Kirk hadn't seemed to notice you yet. 

"Good. Like her?" Kirk asked, trying to act casual.

"She's just fine captain. Was that a ploy to set us up?" Pavel asked.

"No.." Kirk muttered, avoiding all eye contact.

"It was, wasn't it?" Pavel accused, handing Kirk the two PADD's.

"Yeah..." Kirk muttered, smiling and still avoiding all eye contact.

"Well it worked. Want to go out sometime Y/N?" Pavel asked, tuning to face you. You slowly nodded, smiling. Kirk's plan had worked.