Chekov

You knew it was odd when you saw your husband, Pavel Chekov, carrying home a puppy. "Pasha......?" You cautiously ask, getting up from the couch where you were reading.

"Hello Y/N!" Pavel said, his face lit up with excitement. The little puppy in his arms squirmed around, probably begging to be set down to stretch its legs.

"Watcha got there?" You ask, moving closer to him when he finally did set the puppy down. It ran around, his feet slipping on the hardwood floor kitchen of yours and Pavel's apartment.

"It's a puppy. I figured since we are married and are talking about having kids, I might as well get used to taking care of another living thing." He said, motioning to the still struggling puppy. Poor thing, couldn't get any traction to run on the floor.

"Is it a he or a she?" You ask, watching the struggling puppy.

"It's a he. His name is Ziggy." Pavel said, picking up Ziggy and moving him to the carpet so he could actually run.

"Why did you get him again?" You ask, sitting on a chair to avoid the puppy. You loved dogs, but not to the point where you wanted one. They were a lot of work and they sadly didn't live too long. Depends on the breed.

"In case you get pregnant. That way, we have practice taking care of a living thing." Pavel explained again, smiling as the dog slowed to a walk and just explored the room.

"And what if I am pregnant?" You ask, trying to think of all the possibilities.

"Then we..uh... Keep the dog? Please?" Pavel asked, grinning as Ziggy starting scampering about again.

"Maybe. But, that decision needs to happen soon." You say, nervously. You were pregnant and planned on telling Pavel tonight anyway, but now there was a dog.

"Why?" Pavel asked, still oblivious. He got out a toy and started playing with Ziggy.

"Because I'm pregnant.." You whisper, looking down at the ground. Pavel froze, his dropped the dog toy and stood up, instantly hugging you.

"You're pregnant?! We are having a baby!? We are having a baby!" Pavel yelled, the biggest smile you had ever seen on his face. You smiled and kissed his cheek, encouraged by his enthusiasm.

"Yes. We are having a baby." You say, still a little in shock by his reaction.

"Do we have to get rid of Ziggy?" Pavel asked, looking down at the puppy in the floor.

"Mhm...no. But he's your responsibility because soon I definitely won't want to get up when I have a massive stomach." You say, still hugging Pavel.

"This is incredible." He said, kissing your stomach and then kissing your cheek.

"I'm so glad you're happy. I love you." You say, kissing his lips. Ziggy whined for attention, breaking you two apart from the kiss. "Better get used to that."

"Yes, but with a baby it will be the best. And worth it." Pavel said, kissing you one more time before playing with his new puppy again.

~~~~

Requested by JustALittleTrekkie
Hope you enjoyed it!