Spock

Your husband, Spock, was very nervous. Today was your due date to have a baby and he wasn't sure if he'd be a good father, or if he was ready to be a father.

You, on the other hand, had been around kids your entire life. You were used to taking care of babies and kids. Spock knew you were ready, but you were more nervous about actually having the baby.

"If anything happens, please alert me on the bridge." Spock said, kissing your cheek before leaving. You were already on maternity leave, working in engineering was very dangerous. All you did now was read and sign reports.

A couple of hours passed and there was a horrible pain in your stomach. You dropped the PADD on the floor and watched it shatter. Great, now you had to get up to call sickbay.

Spock ran into your sickbay room, which surprised you. He had always put work before anything else, you were certain he would have finished what he was working on.

"How are you doing?" He asked, calming down.

"In pain. Could you get me some ice, I'm thirsty." You ask, motioning to a cooler of ice chips. Spock brought you some ice and sat down next to you.

"This is a new experience for both of us." He pointed out, holding your hand for when you had contractions.

"You said that about getting married." You point out as another contraction went through your body. When it finished you relaxed, panting.

"Yes, this is different. This one will most definitely be with us until we die." Spock added, quickly massaging his hand from pain when you squeezed it.

"And we won't be with each other?" You ask, confused.

"We will be with each other. But, there could've been a child and then an event such as a divorce. That would lead us to be stuck with a child, but not each other. I do not wish to divorce you." Spock answered, trying to reassure you about how he didn't want to divorce you.

"Thank Spock for clearing that up." You say as another contraction went through you. "Ugh how much longer." You sigh when it finished. They were getting really close together now and they were getting a little longer. Spock left to get a doctor. When the doctor finished an exam, he said you were ready to go to the delivery room. Spock almost fainted.

You ended up having a baby girl. She had Spock's black hair and your skin tone. Her name was Brooke. She had your last name, seeing as Spock didn't really have one. Spock technically was his last name. Her ears were barely pointed, if people new she was 25% Vulcan, the ears made sense.

Spock was very happy to see her, even though he won't admit it. Doctor McCoy was allowed in the room to help teach him how to properly hold a baby. It wasn't going too well.

"No no. This hand under the head, the other arm to support the back. It's not hard Spock." McCoy insisted, holding Brooke. Spock slowly took her from him and looked down into her eyes. "There you go. I'll be back." McCoy said before leaving the room for you and Spock to be alone.

"She's beautiful." You whisper, looking over at her tiny frame in Spock's arm.

"She is. I never realized she would be this small." Spock pointed out, setting her on your chest. He sat beside you ok the bed, his hand on Brooke's side.

"She's a baby, Spock. She's meant to be small." You say laughing.

"I figured that." Spock muttered, still staring at Brooke. He couldn't believe he had a daughter.

"Do you think she'll cry much?" You ask, bouncing her on your chest a little.

"We'll have to wait and see." Spock said, laying down next to you. He out one arm around your back on your waist, and the other still rested on Brooke. He kissed your cheek before looking back at his adorable daughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, updates will really slow down. School starts Tuesday, so I won't have nearly enough time. 8th grade, last year of middle school. Yay. We're the big ones now. Requests are always welcome.